“Spooky!”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Spooky!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

The host was extremely animated, and although it was FREEZING and rainy, he was happy as a clam to continue the tour and didn't complain once. He told us very fun and interesting (and sometimes creepy!) history, but it wasn't horrific, so it's fun for anyone 10 and up. We had a great time! Would definitely recommend!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank NAP702
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

North Augusta, South Carolina
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Pick a different tour.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Since there are a few ghost tours, I want to clarify that this is the tour that meets at the 4 points Sheraton. The tour guide had some good stories, but I guess they were letting a new person practice. I understand she was nervous, and I let her slide on that one. What made me mad was that while our original guide was telling us a story, she was in the back with some other people (friends, maybe) talking so loudly that it was distracting to me and my family. This isn't the worst tour I've ever been on, but it definitely wasn't the best.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Deargceann
Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Worst ghost tour I've ever done.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

This is the most ridiculous tour I've ever been on, and I've been on several. The guide couldn't answer any questions that weren't on his script, and I sincerely doubt the validity of what was on the script. He walked around with a binder of pictures of what he claimed to be "orbs" for each spot we visited. He just kept telling people to take repetitive pictures of things to see if orbs would show up. It was the single bad experience I had in my whole trip to Asheville. Don't waste your time or your money.

6 Thank institches
Houston, Texas
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Ghosts & Haunts Tour- an interesting evening out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2009

My husband and I took this tour over the 4th of July weekend. There were about 20 people in the group ranging from teens to seniors. Since it's a walking tour make sure you wear your comfy shoes. Also if there is a chance of rain the tour still goes- so bring your slicker or umbrella. We got soaked when we went but it was still a fun time. We had a mother/daughter tour guide combination on the night we went. We hit probably 10-12 different sights and were encouraged to take photos of the outsides of the buildings to see if anything appears. One girl on the trip had lots of orbs showing up on her digital camera- it was really cool! The guides tell you the stories of how certain buildings become haunted and talk about some of the interesting architecture of the buildings. All in all it is a nice tour and if you have a free night in Asheville should consider booking it.

1 Thank SGCAVER12
Cincinnati, OH
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“If you have spare time...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

Tour starts at 9pm and lasts for about 90 minutes. Our guide Jim was well versed in local lore, and the rainy night added to the creepy factor. We didn't get to go inside any haunted locations, so you're left with trying to spy ghosts outdoors. I can see a local finding the tour a little boring, but visitors will find the history interesting.

1 Thank martian13