“Wonderful place”

Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Bay City, Michigan
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Only place we stay when in Asheville. Always friendly staff, clean rooms, free internet..............what more do you need.

Room Tip: We have a pet, so always ask for a lower room in the back.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andyjo913
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Loris, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Staff and service was very good. Room was dark, tv was smaller than average for this quality of motel and price, location was not an issue, as we were just passing through. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was cramped. Some cosmetic repair was needed, floor, shower rod, sink. Water pressure was low. I guess I expected more from ads that said "remodeled" 2 years ago. Maybe outside, but more needed inside. Stayed on ground floor with vehicles at door. No pool. No elevator. Very good breakfast, with biscuits, eggs, good gravy, cereal, coffee, sweet muffins. I know now that for the same money, there are newer and nicer accommodations in Asheville. I'll look harder next visit.

Room Tip: Bed is ok, tv is small (26
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank PalmettoRambler
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I recently stayed here with my parents during a long weekend visit. The front desk staff was very helpful and always accomodating. From the exterior the hotel looked as if it was remodeled a few years back but the interior was dated and worn. I know this is only a Super 8 but for the price we paid the rooms were just acceptable. They do offer nice amenities such as free wifi and breakfast but if you're expecting something modern and plush you'll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Do NOT book this room via Hotels.com, you'll get a better price by calling directly.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank chris t
Fairfield, Iowa
Reviewed 24 July 2011

My girlfriend and I have been travelling on a 2 week trip visiting family, and we have been staying at Super 8, Days Inn, Ramada, and Motel 6 all over the place. This hotel was one of the best Super 8s we have been stayed at. The gentleman who checked us in was great. He was very polite, gave us a room close to the office, and gave us the AAA rate when we couldn't find our card. We had a issue with the TV not working, but the guy was very happy to give us a another TV. I couldn't believe it when I saw him the next morning. His boss must work him to death. The beds were nice and the breakfast was great. I have never seen a Super 8 carrry eggs, sausage, and gravy before. The place was very clean, but there were alot of ants outside. The drink machine wasn't working and the keys weren't working that well, but overall it was a great place and we had a wonderful night. Too bad they don't have a pool, because that would have made the place perfect.

Room Tip: Nice beds and quiet rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LadiLuci91
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Wanted to make sure this Super 8 gets credit for an awesome stay. I only stayed for one night but I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room.
The staff was very helpful in questions that I had and I was greeted the following morning by Garry the general manager of the hotel.. Had a "GREAT" breakfast and was on my way.
I'll stay again when I'min the Asheville area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business