“Interesting Hotel with Extra Nice Staff”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very small room for Marriott Platinum members. Staff had to bring in a chair to sit on. Room was quiet and nicely appointed, if you like drapes as your bathroom door and separating you from your room. Was located in a non pedestrian friendly area. Unable to take long walks or jog. Located across from the Biltmore entrance and pickup for the Hop on Hop Off bus.
We twice had a great breakfast in the Red Stag Inn in the main hotel served by Olivia. She made our stay more enjoyable. Thank you Olivia.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
JohnLuckett, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Laurel Y,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience. I’m very sorry to hear that your room size did not meet your expectation. If given another opportunity, I’m happy to assist with making your room reservation and overseeing your room assignment to ensure you receive a room that better meets your needs. I believe that one of our other room types would be more in line with your expectations.

Thank you for your favorable comments about our hotel rooms being quiet and nicely appointed. In addition, thank you for your favorable comments regarding your great breakfast and your server, Olivia. I will personally thank Olivia for delivering such great service and making your stay more enjoyable.

It sounds like we could have done a better job with explaining the benefits of our location in Historic Biltmore Village because all the streets in the area have sidewalks for guests to enjoy all the shopping, restaurants and art galleries. Historic Biltmore Village is the home to national retail outlets and one-of-a-kind independent shops. It’s truly a must see site for history buffs and architecture aficionados.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Perfect loacation in the village. Dinner was wonderful. We like the European feel and menu. Wines reasonably priced. Staff was nice, seems they were a bit short staff but we were ok. Can be noisy but we survived.
Would go back for dinner.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked a room for a long weekend; Wednesday to Monday with premium pricing for Friday & Saturday nights - all good and clear. Room on the 3rd floor. Ballroom is on the 4th floor. Weddings were booked for both Friday & Saturday nights - NOT disclosed at time of booking vis-a-vis room location. Both nights music so loud our room was really not usable and then until well past mid-night the staff was cleaning up; dragging tables and chairs across the floor making sleeping very challenging. Spoke with front desk staff about these issues. Post-check out remedy offered was laughable. A beautiful facility with a nice staff but would not recommend it to anyone in light of these circumstances.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald M
JohnLuckett, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Gerald M,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience. Please accept my sincere apology for the wedding noise that you experience during your visit. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager so that we can learn from your feedback. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in hopes that we can regain your trust. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. My contact information is listed below.

Thank you for your favorable comments about our hotel being beautiful with a nice staff. I hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to deliver an overall experience that better represents our commitment to exceeding our guest's expectations. If given another opportunity, I’m confident that your experience would be much improved.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was not able to get the room I selected. After checking my credit card statement, I found I was charged for a nights stay in error. Marriot properties are always my first choice, but this not one that I will return to.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear ayanna w,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your visit. I’m very sorry to hear that you were charged for a night stay in error. Please feel free to contact me directly, if I can assist with any outstanding billing concerns. In addition, I would love to learn more about your overall experience.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Great property - very eclectic but it’s what I expect from a Kessler property. Now part of Marriott Autograph Collection. Near the entrance to The Biltmore Estate. Would stay there again!

The food scene in Asheville is amazing!!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business