“Excellent Choice if you are staying at the property”

Inn on Biltmore Estate
Ranked #10 of 834 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Ashville NC has many restaurants to offer, way better options than this "The Dining Room at the Inn", but if you stay- like us- at the hotel on Friday and/or Saturday night and want to relax without the Hassel of Ashville downtown traffic on a weekend, then yes it is a great option for a romantic "sort of Luxurious" dinner.
The ambience is very nice, service could be better, but acceptable. Dishes very creative and of good quality.
We ordered two different five course meals, and out of the ten dishes, we loved five, and we were OK with the other five.
The wine list is amazing, only 4-5 times priced above the market value. But there is something for everybody.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Brunch is a very special meal here at the Inn!! The selections are yummalicious and exquisite! Fresh made omelettes and the views from the table are breathtaking!! Service always with a smile... thank you for a memorable experience!

Reviewed 6 November 2017

My husband and I stayed at the beautiful Biltmore Inn for 4 nights at the end of October. We had the buffet breakfast every morning at the Dining Room. One word-- DELICIOUS! The grits were cheesy and flavorful, the bacon and sausage delightful, and the blintzes were absolute perfection! They have a variety of cereals, yogurt, fruit, pastries, oatmeal, made to order omelets, and I think I saw salmon. The service is perfect while the views are serene and lovely. The fireplace is a nice touch when it's cool outside.

We had dinner at the Dining Room only once. I have mixed emotions because the food is spectacular, but the cost and portion sizes are definitely not "average." We knew it would be expensive and were prepared for that, but the portion sizes we received for the money was a little disappointing, even for a gourmet restaurant. We opted for the 5 course meal @ $95/person. We had a bottle of white wine and a couple more glasses of red wine for the red meat. Maybe the portions would have been normal size if we had ordered a la carte off the menu? Not sure since we didn't have anything to compare it to. The food was definitely high quality and perfectly seasoned. At any rate, the filet mignon was my favorite I believe. I was amused by the brussels sprout. I say singular sprout because there literally was not more than one sprout. The leaves were separated, cooked to perfection, and scattered around the plate, so total, there could not have been more than one sprout. I know brussels sprouts quite well and these were just a sampling -- a delicious sampling for sure though! My last complaint about the dining experience is there was a young couple with a small toddler a couple of tables away from us. As expected, this toddler was a typical one who wanted to run around and make noise. We couldn't understand why they brought that child into a place like this, rather late in the evening, when it was mostly couples trying to have a romantic dinner. I'm sure the restaurant would not deny anyone service for bringing a toddler... but for those of you reading this, if you have a small child, do not take them here for dinner. Please! Breakfast is fine, but not dinner.
Most people are not amused by this when paying hundreds of dollars for a two hour gourmet meal. I know this makes me sound like an awful person, but I don't complain about kids when I'm at Chili's or a local inexpensive or mid-range restaurant..... there's a time and a place and this is not it. They could have gotten room service or ate at the Library Lounge, although Cedric's Tavern would have been their best option in my opinion.

Overall, the Dining Room at the Inn is very efficient, classy, expertly staffed, and offers a top notch experience. For breakfast -- you will fill up! For dinner -- don't go in there starving and order the 5 course meal!

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

From the breakfast buffet to the steak filet at dinner-everything is made to perfection and impeccably served. A+ restaurant!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Exceptional service. Quality food. We throughly enjoyed our celebration dinner at The Inn. Highly recommend crab cakes.