Asheville Swiss Chalets
US$ 123
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
US$ 116
US$ 88
Country Inn
US$ 149
US$ 121
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 198
US$ 159
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 190
US$ 173
  • Restaurant
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$ 129
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$ 276
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
US$ 338
Travelocity
All reviewscoffee beanswell bred bakerylower bernecookiesgrinderfenced yardgeneva chaletgift certificatem msgarrison housedog towelsgeorgia peachthought of everythingscreened in porchclose to downtownwell stocked kitchenliving room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The Lower Berne, where we stayed in early November, 2011 with our two little dogs, was very cute and very cozy for the two of us (or rather, the four of us!). The baked goods that Judy provided absolutely rocked, and we took advantage of the $10 off coupon at her bakery/restaurant in Weaverville. After that vist to Weaverville I was thankful that I do not live close enough to visit it every day, which I would, if I did! The location is very close to Biltmore, which was most convenient.
Connie & Phil

2  Thank connie7blue
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I almost don't want to share a review on the Asheville Swiss Chalets because I want it to remain my little secret! My husband and I (and our dog) just spent a long weekend in the Alpine Chalet, and we had a wonderful & relaxing time. We were maybe 5 minutes from downtown Asheville, but we felt like we were on a remote mountainside.

Booking: Judy and team were very quick to respond to all of my questions about booking, they provided everything we needed to know via email and they even sent a reminder a few days before our stay.

Cabins: We arrived late in the evening, and they had the lights and heat in the unit on and waiting for us. A personalized welcome note and FABULOUS cookies from the Well-Bred Bakery were an extra special touch. These cabins are a little bit older but have been maintained with care and have updated furnishings. They are incredibly clean and well-stocked with coffee, spices and even dog treats for our furry child. I have never stayed at a rental that provided so many well thought out amenities and little touches.

The only thing I would change about my stay at Asheville Swiss Chalets was the time length. I wish it had been longer!

1  Thank amcas1880
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My friend's sister and I stayed at the Chalet for a week this fall and had a really great time. I was there for my best friend's wedding. She is the executive chef at the Wellbread Bakery in Weaverville ( you must vist there and have one of their giant eclairs!!!!

Staying at the Chalet really was like being home... but way better. Every little detail was thought of. It was clean and light filled which is really important to me. There was space for me to set up my computer and work when I needed to. I had time to relax on the deck looking out at the beautiful sea of fall colors. And... I slept so well there. :)

It's also a hop away from the center of Asheville and there is a grocery store close by which is great if you like to cook like I do. The kitchen had all kinds of things to make a great meal. When you're traveling and you have to buy all those little things, like pepper and olive oil to make a meal... but you forget... well not to worry, It's all in the cupboard. I LOVE THAT!

All the girls gathered at the Chalet to get ready for the wedding which I photographed. We had plenty of space for our little group to prep and sip champagne. (http://www.aureliadamore.com) the images won't be on my site until late December 2011.

I love Asheville, I've bee there 6 times and can't wait to go back. I was also there to shoot another wedding in Waynesville

ps... check out Navitat http://www.navitat.com/ for an amazing experience ziplineing. The hotsprings http://www.nchotsprings.com/ were pretty great too, but I wouldn't suggest staying out there as it's a really sleepy town. All the good eats are in Asheville.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aurelia D
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I spent four nights at the Swiss Chalets in Nov. 2011. We stayed in the Upper Berne. I don't think we'd have been more comfortable anywhere else. Everything we needed, from cookware to laundry machines were provided. The beds were comfortable as was the furniture. It was quiet and gave a feeling of privacy, while downtown was only a couple of minutes away. I have no trouble giving the Chalets a high recommendation. When we return to Asheville, we'll be hoping to stay at the Swiss Chalets again.

1  Thank 40622John
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed at the Asheville Swiss Chalets for a long weekend in the end of October 2011. I was in Lower Berne, with a lovely screened porch and woodsy view. It was my first time staying here and I loved it. It was like house sitting for a very clean friend who happened to bake before they left (Judy's cookies are delicious). The bed is probably one of the most comfortable beds I've ever had on a vacation (I would put it right up there with the Westin Heavenly Beds). The location was fantastic. It is just a few minutes to downtown Asheville and major highways. There was a tv in every room, and the iPod docking station / cd player was nice. The kitchen was well stocked. They thought of everything - from pots and pans to bakeware, from dishes and cutlery to condiments and spices. There was even a jar of coffee beans in the fridge, and a coffee grinder to brew really fresh coffee. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked. The bath robes were a nice touch, too. My only complaint is that the people upstairs were kind of loud (I could hear their conversations, TV, exercising, etc). But other than that, I highly recommend Asheville Swiss Chalets, and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo