“Perfect New Years @ Asheville Swiss Chalets !”

Asheville Swiss Chalets
Prague, Czech Republic
“Perfect New Years @ Asheville Swiss Chalets !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Our family of 4 plus Booger our Bull Mastiff had a fantastic stay at the Matterhorn. The location is excellent, town is just down the hill. Perfect ! This was our first trip travelling with Booger and the Asheville Swiss Chalet management made sure ALL our needs were addressed. Dog bowls, towels, throws and treats !

Ample bath linens, cookware, spices, condiments, even fresh coffee beans, they really go above and beyond to make comfort and convenience a priority. I took advantage of the onsite laundry complete with detergent, this is always a plus when travelling with teenagers and was most appreciated ! There's a very informational binder with restaurant menus and Asheville info on the coffee table and we used it several times during our stay.

In addition, the Matterhorn was absolutely SPOTLESS !!! I loved it and should you need to vacuum if your stay is longer, yes, there is even one of those. I felt like I was in my own vacation home. Can't wait to return to the lovely town of Asheville and our home away from home, the Matterhorn :) Happy New Year !!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CARLUBUR
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Waxhaw, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

The Lower Berne, where we stayed in early November, 2011 with our two little dogs, was very cute and very cozy for the two of us (or rather, the four of us!). The baked goods that Judy provided absolutely rocked, and we took advantage of the $10 off coupon at her bakery/restaurant in Weaverville. After that vist to Weaverville I was thankful that I do not live close enough to visit it every day, which I would, if I did! The location is very close to Biltmore, which was most convenient.
Connie & Phil

2 Thank connie7blue
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

I almost don't want to share a review on the Asheville Swiss Chalets because I want it to remain my little secret! My husband and I (and our dog) just spent a long weekend in the Alpine Chalet, and we had a wonderful & relaxing time. We were maybe 5 minutes from downtown Asheville, but we felt like we were on a remote mountainside.

Booking: Judy and team were very quick to respond to all of my questions about booking, they provided everything we needed to know via email and they even sent a reminder a few days before our stay.

Cabins: We arrived late in the evening, and they had the lights and heat in the unit on and waiting for us. A personalized welcome note and FABULOUS cookies from the Well-Bred Bakery were an extra special touch. These cabins are a little bit older but have been maintained with care and have updated furnishings. They are incredibly clean and well-stocked with coffee, spices and even dog treats for our furry child. I have never stayed at a rental that provided so many well thought out amenities and little touches.

The only thing I would change about my stay at Asheville Swiss Chalets was the time length. I wish it had been longer!

1 Thank amcas1880
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

My friend's sister and I stayed at the Chalet for a week this fall and had a really great time. I was there for my best friend's wedding. She is the executive chef at the Wellbread Bakery in Weaverville ( you must vist there and have one of their giant eclairs!!!!

Staying at the Chalet really was like being home... but way better. Every little detail was thought of. It was clean and light filled which is really important to me. There was space for me to set up my computer and work when I needed to. I had time to relax on the deck looking out at the beautiful sea of fall colors. And... I slept so well there. :)

It's also a hop away from the center of Asheville and there is a grocery store close by which is great if you like to cook like I do. The kitchen had all kinds of things to make a great meal. When you're traveling and you have to buy all those little things, like pepper and olive oil to make a meal... but you forget... well not to worry, It's all in the cupboard. I LOVE THAT!

All the girls gathered at the Chalet to get ready for the wedding which I photographed. We had plenty of space for our little group to prep and sip champagne. (http://www.aureliadamore.com) the images won't be on my site until late December 2011.

I love Asheville, I've bee there 6 times and can't wait to go back. I was also there to shoot another wedding in Waynesville

ps... check out Navitat http://www.navitat.com/ for an amazing experience ziplineing. The hotsprings http://www.nchotsprings.com/ were pretty great too, but I wouldn't suggest staying out there as it's a really sleepy town. All the good eats are in Asheville.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aurelia D
Eastport, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I spent four nights at the Swiss Chalets in Nov. 2011. We stayed in the Upper Berne. I don't think we'd have been more comfortable anywhere else. Everything we needed, from cookware to laundry machines were provided. The beds were comfortable as was the furniture. It was quiet and gave a feeling of privacy, while downtown was only a couple of minutes away. I have no trouble giving the Chalets a high recommendation. When we return to Asheville, we'll be hoping to stay at the Swiss Chalets again.

1 Thank 40622John