All reviews coffee beans well bred bakery lower berne cookies grinder beau cottage fenced yard m ms gift certificate dog towels dog treats georgia peach ridgeway house thought of everything both bedrooms close to downtown screened in porch
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I spent four nights at the Swiss Chalets in Nov. 2011. We stayed in the Upper Berne. I don't think we'd have been more comfortable anywhere else. Everything we needed, from cookware to laundry machines were provided. The beds were comfortable as was the furniture. It was quiet and gave a feeling of privacy, while downtown was only a couple of minutes away. I have no trouble giving the Chalets a high recommendation. When we return to Asheville, we'll be hoping to stay at the Swiss Chalets again.

1  Thank 40622John
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed at the Asheville Swiss Chalets for a long weekend in the end of October 2011. I was in Lower Berne, with a lovely screened porch and woodsy view. It was my first time staying here and I loved it. It was like house sitting for a very clean friend who happened to bake before they left (Judy's cookies are delicious). The bed is probably one of the most comfortable beds I've ever had on a vacation (I would put it right up there with the Westin Heavenly Beds). The location was fantastic. It is just a few minutes to downtown Asheville and major highways. There was a tv in every room, and the iPod docking station / cd player was nice. The kitchen was well stocked. They thought of everything - from pots and pans to bakeware, from dishes and cutlery to condiments and spices. There was even a jar of coffee beans in the fridge, and a coffee grinder to brew really fresh coffee. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked. The bath robes were a nice touch, too. My only complaint is that the people upstairs were kind of loud (I could hear their conversations, TV, exercising, etc). But other than that, I highly recommend Asheville Swiss Chalets, and I can't wait to go back.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SadieKatiesMom
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My hubby and I (and our dog) stayed in the Alpine for 3 nights in November. This was our dogs first vacation and he LOVED it. We loved having the dog run right outside the door. The cabin was perfect...everything you could think of was there, super close to town, etc. We will for sure be back!

1  Thank strawberrysh
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We made our first trip to North Carolina and Asheville Nov. 2011, rented a chalet and visited the Biltmore for Christmas. The ladies were so nice and helpful, even solving our problem. Our maltese enjoyed the chalet as well, every detail for her was thoughtfully included. The cookies an extra treat. the cabin was clean, well stocked and furnished. The location was as written, just not for me. Thank you. Happy Holidays

1  Thank wiregrass1300
Reviewed 14 November 2011

As an American living the last 20 years in Germany, I have to to say the Chalets were the perfect place for me to stay and get my feet wet again in U.S. Culture. A lovely protected spot so close the city, yet nestled in the clouds above all. Thanks!

Date of stay: October 2011