“We won't stay anywhere else!”
Review of 27 Blake Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
27 Blake Street
Reviewed 12 May 2011

What do say? We won't stay anywhere else when in Asheville!!! 27 Blake is a short walk from downtown Asheville, amongst a lush garden, is very private with all the comforts of home. The bed is incredibly comfortable, my spouse said, "I haven't slept this good in so long!" We loved being able to walk to dinner every night! Carol is an amazing, knowledgeable person who is available when needed while still providing space & privacy. We loved drinking coffee on the porch in the morning and wine in the evening. As a former Ashevillian trust me: you can't beat her prices with this location and the quality of stay!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for 27 Blake Street

Reviewed 1 March 2011

While relaxing on the porch overlooking a beautiful garden, I felt happy and grateful for the Victorian charm of my room, the loving, tasteful attention to detail in the house, the little owl in the tree, the quiet of the place and the ease of walking everywhere. But most of all, I have to thank the owner, Carolyn Spain, for her many thoughtful acts of kindness and for making me feel so welcome and at home. Her suggestions were fantastic - I felt like I connected with the very best of Asheville. On so many levels, she is just wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2010

My partner and I spent 4 day visiting Asheville and 27 Blake street B & B was a perfect place for us to hang our hats. The room is just as it looks in the photos, quaint and charming with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom with a small claw foot tub. Although there is no breakfast at this B & B , there is a coffee maker and small fridge in the room, as well as a great little cafe just a couple of blocks away.
We loved the location with easy access to downtown or the freeway. The neighborhood is charming and made for a delightful evening stroll. Carolyn is a great hostess, always willing to share information about Asheville or help out with directions.
When we return to Asheville we will definitely be staying here, it was just perfect!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2010

We stayed at 27 Blake St for 3 nights and had a great stay. The house is located in a quite residential area, easy walking distance from many restaurants and shopping. Carolyn, the owner, has done a fantastic job with the house and garden, we loved sitting on the porch in the mornings. Be aware, as Carolyn clearly states, the room does not come with breakfast, this is no problem because there are a couple very good cafes within a couple minutes walk. There is coffee and a nice assortment of teas and a small fridge in the room. We found the room very comfortable and slept soundly each night. When our travels find us in Asheville, we will definitely stay here again. To sum it up, Carolyn, the room, and the gardens were all wonderful and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2010

The reviews of recommending Blake 27 were right on! I went with my girlfriend for a surprise trip to Bele Chere and I could not have picked a more charming place to stay. Our room was perfect and close to everything. We could have spent hours in the beautiful garden. The owner, Carolyn, had great conversation and shared insights on Asheville's best kept secrets. We hated to leave, but will definitely stay there again soon. M. G.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple