“a good choice in Asheville”

Holiday Inn Express Asheville
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The Holiday Inn express is located conveniently to the mall, restaurants and the Biltmore estate. Rooms are a good size and kept very clean. Some even have a small balcony. There is plenty to choose from for the continental breakfast and the breakfast area has an adequate number of tables for the guests. This was our second time at this hotel and we would definitely consider it for a visit in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank journalmytrips
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us!
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Director of Sales

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed for 5 nights while visiting the Biltmore Festival of Flowers and Asheville. The hotel
is very clean, the room is a nice size with a flat screen t.v., wi fi, refrigerator and coffee maker.
The staff was pleasant and attentive. The location is perfect for getting to the many attractions in Asheville.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Flechar

On behalf of our entire staff we would like to thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I frequently stay in Asheville on my way to visit family in Raleigh. This was my 3rd hotel in 3 separate trips in the last 3 weeks there. Trip Advisors seemed to like so I decided to try. At check in, I was offered a handicapped room (didn't require) or a king suite at a bit more cost and chose that. Large, comfortable suite with whirlpool tub. Balcony a nice extra though didn't use as it had gotten cold again. Room had good lighting and plenty of outlets easy to reach to recharge those electronic items we all find so necessary. The room was clean and kitchen and bath spaces adequate. I did inquire re pet policy as I sometimes travel with my small dog and a lady who I assumed is a manager said their sister hotel Comfort Suites accepts pets but they don't have "grass space" there. I will try it next time I travel with her. Breakfast was the usual although I opted to not have any. I did wait a bit in my room for the bill to be left under the door but when I decided I must get going, I went to the lobby and was told only Priority Members get the bill and USA Today at the door so "they feel special". Really??? Takes more thanthat or me to feel
special! I did have trouble getting the tv to turn off!! Don't know what I was doing wrong but had to unplug it as it kept omng back on again! It also changed channels on it's own somehow!! All in all, a nice place and convenient to where I wanted to go.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank carocross61

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry the TV disturbed but we have fixed the problem. All our 40" flat screen TVs are new and we have a few issures that have been cleared up. We are looking forward to seeing you again!
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Sales Director

Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife, daughter, and I stayed here on President's Day weekend, and had a very pleasant stay. I found the breakfast to be very adequate, but my wife would have preferred some lower-fat offerings. Our room was nicely appointed. The property is some distance from downtown Asheville, but we enjoyed our stay and will return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MBMS
bipin0412, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us hera at holidayinn express . We look forward to seeing you again . We thank you for your business.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

There are many reviews about the front desk. Must say we didn't have any problem with check inn. Not the most friendly, compared to the night before, but it was handled efficiently. Breakfast was good, eggs, etc. more than adequate for a driving couple. Clean room and comfortable mattress. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NelsonKid
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Thank you for your excellent review! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.