“Nice and quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Indiana
“Nice and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I frequently stay in Asheville on my way to visit family in Raleigh. This was my 3rd hotel in 3 separate trips in the last 3 weeks there. Trip Advisors seemed to like so I decided to try. At check in, I was offered a handicapped room (didn't require) or a king suite at a bit more cost and chose that. Large, comfortable suite with whirlpool tub. Balcony a nice extra though didn't use as it had gotten cold again. Room had good lighting and plenty of outlets easy to reach to recharge those electronic items we all find so necessary. The room was clean and kitchen and bath spaces adequate. I did inquire re pet policy as I sometimes travel with my small dog and a lady who I assumed is a manager said their sister hotel Comfort Suites accepts pets but they don't have "grass space" there. I will try it next time I travel with her. Breakfast was the usual although I opted to not have any. I did wait a bit in my room for the bill to be left under the door but when I decided I must get going, I went to the lobby and was told only Priority Members get the bill and USA Today at the door so "they feel special". Really??? Takes more thanthat or me to feel
special! I did have trouble getting the tv to turn off!! Don't know what I was doing wrong but had to unplug it as it kept omng back on again! It also changed channels on it's own somehow!! All in all, a nice place and convenient to where I wanted to go.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank carocross61
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry the TV disturbed but we have fixed the problem. All our 40" flat screen TVs are new and we have a few issures that have been cleared up. We are looking forward to seeing you again!
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Sales Director
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Frankfort, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife, daughter, and I stayed here on President's Day weekend, and had a very pleasant stay. I found the breakfast to be very adequate, but my wife would have preferred some lower-fat offerings. Our room was nicely appointed. The property is some distance from downtown Asheville, but we enjoyed our stay and will return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MBMS
bipin0412, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us hera at holidayinn express . We look forward to seeing you again . We thank you for your business.
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

There are many reviews about the front desk. Must say we didn't have any problem with check inn. Not the most friendly, compared to the night before, but it was handled efficiently. Breakfast was good, eggs, etc. more than adequate for a driving couple. Clean room and comfortable mattress. Overall a good stay.

1 Thank NelsonKid
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for your excellent review! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Director of Sales
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Rooms were clean, well kept up, and a good breakfast. Strangely, the 4th floor room was a little warm-- even though it was a cold winter weekend-- so we had to run the air conditioning to keep it from getting stuffy. Otherwise, no problems.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
We understand our guests need for quiet, comfortable and clean rooms. These are the basics of a hotel. We also enjoy giving our guests great service and I feel our staff is very knowledgeable about the Asheville area. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you soon! Warmest regards, Ellen Pettigrew, Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Hotel is nice & very clean. Staff is very friendly & helpful. Breakfast is great. The location is within 10 min of most places. The price is very reasonable for such a great stay.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure having you here!
Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew, Director of Sales