“Great value, nice extra touches” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn West

Sleep Inn West
Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Orlando, Florida
“Great value, nice extra touches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Great location, good rate, small goody bag upon arrival, Chocolet chip cookies and lemon aid in the lobby at arrival. Above average breakfast. This all adds up to an excellent stay. Would stay at this property in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Dyersburg, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

The photos made the hotel appear to be updated, but the room was not what I expected. The bathroom sink was literally in the room and the "bathroom" was closed off by a pocket door that wouldn't lock. The pocket door was very loud when you opened/closed it. So it disturbed everyone in the room. And there was just a stand up shower. The shower door was not installed correctly and made water leak all over the door. The thermostat on the a/c unit in the room didn't seem match what you set it on. EX: put on 70 but it was not 70 degrees in there. The breakfast was actually pretty good. And the room was clean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John S
, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
I am sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience here at the Sleep Inn West. If you reported your problems at checkout, I can assure you that we have inspected your room and resolved the maintenance problems you mentioned with the bathroom door, the shower and the air conditioning unit. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and I hope you will give us a second chance!
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Recently, I stayed at the Sleep Inn West hotel in Asheville, NC. The experience was absolutely horrible. I drove from Tampa, Florida for a wedding at the Biltmore Estates Inn. The group consisted of 21 peoples; 12 adults and 7 kids. At night we received visitors from the rest of the group which was staying at different hotels. Like any other big family, it takes coordination to plan the next day agenda.
We noticed that Mr. Patel (General Manager) was observing us during the entire stay. It was an unwelcome feeling.
When we was about to check out, he charge us for 5 rooms but with an extra 2 adult per room for the entire stayed. My sister-in-law admitted that she was extra and do not argue in paying the extra charge. Also my niece admitted that she is 21
years and she was also charge extra an extra fee. But the rest of the extra charges was absolute an assumption from his part.
I mentioned to him that when I booked the room, I reserved the room for 2 adults and kids. For example in my room sleep my husband, me and my daughter (13 years old) and he didn't believe me .I mentioned to him to look at the security cameras to confirmed it, but he refused to do it and insisted for me to pay for extra 2 adults in the room. He insisted on being rude and turned away from me to ignore me and my request. How rude was that? He made no attempt to even be interested in what I was saying. I also mentioned to him that we wanted to call the entire party in front of him, for him to confirm the amount of peoples and their ages. But again, he refused.

After 2 hour of arguments infront of other customers, he decided to only charge us for the extra 2 adults that we admitted from the beginning. We wasted 2 hours convincing Mr. Patel, we could have been travelling back home to Florida
It was a horrible experience. He was so rude. Customer services was poor. I cannot believe that this is a 98.5 rating Hotel.

It was humiliate, unprofessional and poor customer services from his side.
Each time I stay in a hotel the experience is both enjoyable and truly impressive. The morning buffet breakfast was decent, but not great. I was a little disappointed of the Hotel. I read the reviews for this hotel and it supposed to be a 98.5. I don’t think so!
What a disappointed experience!
Zaira E. Yhap, Tampa Florida 06/15/12

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Zaira371
I am truly sorry for your dissatisfaction with your experience here at the Sleep Inn West, and for any misunderstanding that occurred to cause this disagreement. We made the decision to append extra-person charges to your rooms due to the large amount of traffic that our front desk and management staff noticed coming to and from your rooms throughout your stay, as well as the fact that your reservations (made by you through Choice Hotels) indicated that there were only supposed to be 2 adults and 2 children in the rooms, which was not the case. We charge for extra persons because of the costs associated with accommodating additional adults—linen, laundry, water and electricity usage, food and beverage, and so on.

We ultimately decided to waive the disagreed-upon extra-person charges to resolve the conflict at checkout. I apologize for any unpleasant impression this situation may have caused, and I hope that this apology, along with our decision to waive your extra-person charges (the ones we disagreed on) at checkout, is sufficient resolution for this issue.
Dunfermline, Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. Served its purpose. Room was comfortable & clean. Only coffee making facilities in room, so no good for tea drinkers. However, it wasn't too far to walk to reception and use the hot water there. The included breakfast was perfectly adequate, never felt the need to buy anything else. Location was pretty good, easy access to interstate and a few restaurants within walking distance.

Thought I'd booked somewhere with a pool, so was disappointed to find that I hadn't.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bikeeandy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stopped here on the way to South Carolina and didn't have a reservation. The hotel looked nice from the outside and the lobby was nice, but it didn't carry into the room. The hallway smelled like someone smoked several packs of cigarettes, the room had been updated but not renovated. There was only a very small shower in the bathroom, the toilet was so low you felt as if you were on the floor. Carpets appeared newer, but questionably clean. The door to the room had a gap between the door and the frame. Would not stay again, even if it was just to crash for a few hours.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank familyvaca4
On behalf of the staff at the Sleep Inn West, I am truly sorry that your stay here did not meet your expectations. We strive to make every guest's stay excellent, and I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet that standard with you. Our third floor has some smoking rooms, which sometimes causes a smoky smell in the hallway. I apologize for any discomfort this may have caused and would advise future guests to request a room on an entirely nonsmoking floor (1st or 2nd floor). We actually did renovate all the guest rooms recently with new bedding, paint and artwork, according to the brand new Sleep Inn Designed to Dream program. I am sorry again for your disappointment.