“Good place to stay for business”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
Ranked #41 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good place to stay for business”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed here for business over a two week period in December 2011. I have stayed here before, and what I like most about this hotel is how quiet it is. The hotel was full, but I rarely heard any other guests when I was in my room.
The bed was a little lumpy and is probably due for replacement, but so is my mattress at home so the sleep quality wasn't much different than at home.
The complimentary breakfast buffet was adequate with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, etc. It gets old eating the same thing every morning for a couple of weeks, but it's still edible.
I had to do laundry one time, and the front desk person told me beforehand that the dryer was not operating very well. She allowed me to use the hotel's dryer to dry my clothes.
For a mid-level Marriott, the service here is very good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Greeneville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stay here often during our visits to Asheville. The front staff is very courteous. Rooms are nice and clean. We will be returning here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We were very pleased with our experience at the Fairfield Inn! It is in a good location to get to downtown, Biltmore or to an entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The front staff was very courteous when we checked in and they had out some cookies to grab as a snack. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom is a good size. Only downside is that we ended up with a room with 2 doubles and did not find the pillows to be very comfortable. Perhaps if you are on a driving trip - bring your own pillows.
The breakfast in the morning is fresh and has a good offering. We could make waffles, grab some fruit and have a decent cup of coffee to go. We will definitely consider this hotel and location again on our next visit to Asheville.
We also loved how close we were to the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway and we could immediately get started on our Fall adventure on a gorgeous Fall morning!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I usually stay at the Residence Inn when in Asheville, but I got some good deals and have been trying out other hotels in the area; this being one of them.

I liked this Fairfield Inn. The staff was all very nice and helpful. It's not new, but, it's well-kept and clean (I have to have clean sheets and bathroom!). It is bigger than most FF Inns, and has the feel of a high-rise hotel. It has all the standard stuff - free wi-fi, a better-than-most breakfast (scrambled eggs, bisquits - that kind of stuff in addition to all the continental stuff), and free parking. There's also coin laundry facilities to do your wash.

My room was very spacious (it was not a suite). It had a frig and microwave and coffeepot. The bathroom was very nice and clean. There's also a nice closet as soon as you come in.

The bed was a very comfortable pillow-top. I got very good nights' sleep on it. There was a flat-screen, big TV, a comfy chair, and a work desk in the room.

The surrounding area is pretty, and very close to the interstate - in fact only a minute to I-26. It is a quick drive - about 10-15 minutes - to downtown Asheville.

I was glad to find this Fairfield Inn; I will definitely stay here again!

p.s. I don't ever comment on pools or gyms because I don't use them - but, there is a pool and a gym.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I wanted to write and tell Tripadvisor that all staff (especially Joni, Milton & Anne {B'fst Attendant} were all very helpful, pleasant and available to the guests.

I was up-graded to a King Suite because it was my Honeymoon; a very touching gesture to us as it was our first time ever to the Beautiful Asheville area.

The suite was very well cleaned and I could not find anything wrong or noticeable with the housekeeping services.

The location is fairly ideal and the breakfast was a very good assortment. It was replenished often and accordingly. The constant coffee was also well maintained and tasted delicious.

I recommend this property and think you will be equally as pleased.

Thank you to all staff & management at the FFI Asheville South.

Ryan S.