1,723 results
All reviews tunnel road breakfast staff shuttle service indoor pool free shuttle complimentary breakfast front desk staff the breakfast area clean rooms waffles cookies would definitely stay here again a great stay convenient location biltmore estate very nice hotel fire pit
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This hotel is a great deal. From the minute you walk into their nicely furnished lobby the staff is friendly and attentive. They are in the middle of renovations (which does not cause a problem).
The newly renovated rooms are pretty and the beds very comfortable. It's also the best free breakfast I have seen. They have hot cereal, waffles and even eggs and the staff who set it up are extremely accommodating. There's a very small gym and a nice pool area. It's in a good location to get anywhere in Asheville and very near a large mall, lots of restaurants, theater etc. (not a good walking area but minutes from the middle of town).

Room Tip: There are 5 floors. I like the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dac67
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm a review for our hotel. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast offerings. The hot oatmeal is a new item on our breakfast bar and it has really been a hit. I hope that you will come back and visit us now that our renovations are complete.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Went to Ashville NC for a wedding. I was only going for a one night so clean, safe and close to downtown, (location of event) were my goals for a place to stay. This hotel met my needs. They are renovating the hotel, one floor at a time but this did not really impact my stay. The breakfast was fine. The staff and other visitors were pleasant. The lobby has a gas fireplace and sitting area which was comfortable. The rooms were clean. I would recommend this hotel if that is the type of accommodations you are looking for.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank laura m

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that our location and amenities met your needs while you were in Asheville. I hope that you will come back and visit us now that our renovations are complete. Thank you again!

Reviewed 19 February 2012

This hotel is really nice - well-decorated, pretty renovations, but it is the staff who makes it shine! Everyone, the folks at the front desk, the housekeeping staff, everyone we encountered during our visit, was so friendly and helpful - we'll come back based on that alone! The computers were down when we arrived to check in - Reggie was very accomodating and appologetic, and invited us to sit and relax while he checked on the readiness of our room, which didn't take long at all. His attitude made all the difference - we felt very welcome and were only minimally inconvenienced, and that was clearly important to him. Kayla, at the front desk on subsequent days, was equally friendly and helpful - she made it easy for us when we needed to check out early due to weather at home. Josh, working in the breakfast area, was exceptional - he engaged us in conversation, brought us some breakfast items that had run out on the breakfast bar, and told us how important it is to the staff to make everyone's visit a positive experience - he certainly made ours so! Kudos to management for having such a wonderful staff!

Room Tip: They're still renovating the hotel, so you might ask for a room least likely to be affected by renovation noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KateRoanoke_VA

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel and for sharing such glowing compliments of our team. Josh was right, our team really does try to go our of the way to make sure that each guest has a great experience with us and I am so glad that you did. I hope that you will come back and see us now that our renovations are complete. Thank you again! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We booked this hotel for 1 night at the Asheville visitor's center. At the arrival in the hotel some 30 minutes later the reservation was nowhere to be found. Personnel went out of their way to make us comfortable and started a search which took 20 minutes then all was clear and we could go to our room.
Nice big room of course very clean and comfortable bedding like in all Hampton Inns we visited.
There is also a very cozy and nice Italian restaurant at walking distance, meaning a 5 minutes walk up a non-steep hill,but I unfortunately forgot the restaurant name. With that I want to say that you do not need a car to get you to a pleasant restaurant.
Very recommendable especially as it is also a quiet area about 10 minutes drive to Asheville city center. They had a good breakfast with waffles and fresh fruit.

Room Tip: I always ask for the top floors at the most quiet side.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sullaneza

I am very sorry to hear that you had trouble with your reservations upon arrival to our hotel. I am glad that the team worked diligently to get you accommodated and that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay with us. We are lucky to have a great restaurant like Carrabba's so close to us. I hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Asheville. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

The staff at this hotel keep me coming back time after time. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable. They are friendly, courteous, and always make you feel welcome. The hotel has been undergoing a total renovation the past couple of years, but it is always clean, the beds are very comfortable, and the decor beautiful. Breakfast is convenient and always good. This hotel offers a tremendous value for the money, but the exceptional staff are the ones who keep me coming back time and time again....... they are the absolute BEST!!!!!

Room Tip: The newly renovated rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary R

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am thrilled that we are your hotel of choice in Asheville and that you are so happy with our staff. Each team member makes it their mission to WOW our guests and each one does it in their own way. I am grateful to have a team that is so caring and that takes such great care of our guests. I hope to see you again soon!