“Mom and Pop Motel...not a chain.”
Review of Inn Of Homestead

Inn Of Homestead
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Homestead
Reviewed 17 February 2016

If you are looking for the sterility of a chain hotel, you are in the wrong place. But if you are looking for a decent place for a decent price, then this is your place.

We recently relocated to Miami for my husband's career. We booked a room for a week to check out the Homestead area, and see how the commute to downtown Miami was from there. The manager was more than helpful. We asked for a coffee pot, we got it. We had a couple of minor issues with the room, they were addressed immediately. Yes, there were a couple of bugs, but this is south Florida.

There is a good Cuban restaurant across the parking lot, that is frequented by local law enforcement. We felt safe the entire time...

Room Tip: I would say to stay closer to the front office, versus the back...it did look a little sketchier bac...
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 January 2015

As we checked in at 10:30 pm the rate was 79.00 pluse tax the parking lot was pack and i was told i got the last room for the night .the room smelled like cigarettes and very old . we were on our way out to eat and took showers with my kids, i discovered no hot water after 10 mins of the water running .the door was very hard to lock mind you it had 3 locks to lock it . after no hot water my 2yr old started sayin roach roach sure enough the roaches was running carzy in the room , i then wanted to inspect the beds to pull back the sheets and saw a big clump of hair on one bed and strings of hair on the other . the sheets had burn holes in them and the sheets had old dry blood spots as we women know what it looks like after aunte flow had visit. So i had enough with this room i went to the front desk and there was no one in site but the tv was on . so i rang the bell which i belive is broke no answer . never new the front desk close . then i figure call the office no answer but they had a drop box for the key . so i was so tired and up set with this services i left the key in the drop box walked back to the room to my husband in kids to only witness a woman tricking in the parking lot and the same guy infront talking with new people exchanging drugs bc as we got the rest of our things out the room another vehicle pulled up to him and again a transactions we got the out of there. Next morning called to complain and let them know what was going on and he said i should of called the police . and i was lieing because he has cameras and i was the trick not to call his hotel ever again .he called my phone back threatening me to have me arrested . there rooms are what it looks like in there picture from when they first open the rooms have same set up in the pictures but room is old there is no stand up shower its a old tub in water dont drain there was mold on the wall in bathroom i thought they would of been more respectful in give me a refund but nope i was treated like crap. every bad reviews is 100% correct any good comes from the owners . this is not a hotel this
is a rooming house you can tell people lives there the way the drug dealer kept coming out of his room to different cars . its not worth 5.00 to stay there . this weekend was for the rodeo show ,car show and mlk weekend so every were was sold out .. We end up driving back home .i will be calling health department and code enforcement monday morning. This place has false advertising yes the pool is still there it look just like the pictures just vision it 30 years later with no renovation. Same thing with the room . shame i went through this horrible stay just wish i took pictures to show the filthy place. My rate is 000000000 STAY AWAY SLEEP IN YOUR CAR IF THIS IS THE LAST PLACE YOUR CAR IS MORE WORTH IT THEN THIS ROOM .

• Stayed: January 2015
8  Thank islandgir
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I don't agree with some of the reviews i read, hotel little old, but huge clean room, excellent wi-fi, great restaurant with georgeous servers open 24 x7 with great food and exemplar cuban coffe. I was able to park my motorcycle in rooms back porch. staff friendly and priced reasonable

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I woke up in the middle of the night from mosquitoes and to take a long leak in the bathroom to only find out they're were little roaches crawling out and around the bathroom sink but I will say the room was very clean and had plenty of channels to watch

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank tophat111
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I booked two rooms here through Expedia, who charged me a month before arrival. When we arrived on the day of our stay we were disgusted. Non-smoke facility who's lobby smelled like it was a smoking room. The front desk was piled with dirty towels and the person behind the desk had no idea where to find our reservations (read filing cabinet). Tour of the rooms showed dirty floors, dilapidated beds and bedding. Garden and pool area was scary looking. We drove down the road and rented rooms for the evening at another motel. We asked for a refund and the motel person told us Expedia had our money. We called Expedia and they said too bad. You didn't cancel by 6pm the evening before arrival. I disputed with my credit card Capital One and they pretty much stood by Expedia. Screwed all the way around. Will never consider this property again, will never use Expedia again, and I am switching credit cards. The consumer should not be forced to stay in a dump! Don't believe the photos...lesson learned.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends