Lowest prices for your stay
$78
Free cancellation until 15/07/22
Hotels.com$78
Travelocity$78
Priceline$78
All reviews breakfast buffet staying at this hotel rooms are clean would stay again staff was very friendly convenient location great place to stay cleaning furniture everglades key
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my visit. All the amenities were useful.
I had an emergency at my home and I needed to get a hotel for a few nights. I am so thankful for choosing Garden Inn. The location on US 1 was conveniently situated, near businesses for meals, supplies and other necessities.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2021 via mobile

It's always a pleasure to stay here. Housekeeping excellent front desk Awesome!! Very clean & upgrades improved. They have the best breakfast but due to covid unfortunately >ts limited but hopefully will be up soon!!

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 12 July 2021

I’m not squeamish, and I have stayed at a few low price hotels around the country and many are just fine. They may be old but usually are well maintained and clean (This place is not one of these). The reason I booked here? One: The TA reviews seemed to indicate that it would be fine. Two: I looked at this location, online, and lo and behold, I receive a message that they would give me half off the price if I booked then and there. Unfortunately, I took the chance.
Think I make this up? Look at the photos attached and you can see for yourself.
Major Issues that you will face:
BTW: This location is rated an “F” by the Better Business Bureau. Look it up for yourself.
*The exterior and office are filthy. Glitter junk (papers, cans, bottles) laying around everywhere in the parking lot and grounds (tells you something about maintenance – lack of). The Plexiglas separation panels (COVID) in the office are filthy.
*Exterior maintenance on the roof. The photos show a cheap shingle repair to all the buildings in the complex. The existing shingles (low price 3 tab shingles) are curled at the edges that can be seen from the street. The entire roof should be replaced as it will be leaking soon. What does the owner do with this building? Frugal as he must be, he replaces only the worse area which looks horrible and will only extend the life of this mess a couple of years. These owners are frugal. Keep reading:
*They (I suspect the County) are housing the homeless here. You can see them sitting around outside like they live here (they do). I know, first hand, that many Florida Counties do this around the state. This location is an example. You’ll see this right away. I noticed it when unloading the car when we arrived.
*Someone mentioned the police in an earlier post. It’s true, the cops were here and parked outside our room early in the morning as we were leaving. One girl was filling out a report with a sorry-looking dude in the back seat. Great.
*OUR ROOM WAS FULL OF INSECTS (photos). Some were German Cockroaches which are difficult to remove (need a commercial exterminator) and can spread filth. You can’t convince me that the “cleaning staff” didn’t notice this? Please. I went to the office and asked them to spray while we were gone. When we got back, we could see some dead bugs but the German Roaches were still trucking on. I’ve also included photos of gaps in the floor vinyl next to the tub and tub spouts not caulked. Gaps for bugs to hide out that is. Another photo shows the filth under the vanity. Bad news guys.
*They advertise breakfast. Well let’s be clear about this: It’s a box full of muffins behind the office counter handed out by the clerk. I have no idea the age or condition of these but I wasn’t going to touch one with a pair of 4’ tongs. They looked inedible. Good luck with these. BTW: McDonald’s is just down the road.
*Close the room door and clearly see light all the way around the edge of the door (photo). Chalk that up to lack of proper maintenance, but I’m sure the bugs love it. It’s Florida after all.
*The window drapes are old and falling off the curtain rod. In addition, they are full of holes (photos). Sunlight brightly shining through the holes. Cause? Bugs, gunshots, who knows? Why haven’t these been replaced?
*Coffee maker didn’t work. Wonder why? See the photo and look at the filth.
*Common table light between the beds was covered in rust. Why not replace this piece of junk (photo).
*Remote was taped together (photo).
*Prime example of lack of maintenance: Check the photos of the switch and receptacle covers at the vanity. They (owners) are so frugal, they apparently didn’t want to pay the painters to remove the covers, or better yet, pay a buck and a half for new. This is an older paint job as it needs painting again. Nasty, nasty, nasty.
*Flat-screen TV with no movie channels. Only a collection of ME-tv type channels (you know, the free ones)
*The fridge was okay
*The microwave was small but worked
*There is an old iron and board but I have no idea if it works
*Blow dryer was dirty and we had no intention of trying it out.

As I stated above, I’m not a softie and I’ve stayed in lower-priced hotels all over the country. And as I said, many are just fine, just old. Not this place. If you are considering this location, please move down the road to one of the other hotels in Homestead. Spend a few dollars more and give this place a wide berth. Unless, of course, you like bugs.
YOU’VE BEEN WARNED.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank runner24
Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

IM DOING A COMPLAINT I WOKE UP WITH A FLOODED BATHROOM. Soaking all my clothes and kids birthday items. Had to switch rooms early in the morning. Not cool at all . I would like a discount on my 5night stay or the day refunded ASAP. Thanks

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 16 June 2021 via mobile

This hotel was just average. Not dirty, not new, not beautiful. Just average.

What did make me a bit uncomfortable was that during checkin two guys were taken away by police. Several of the others who seemed to have long term arrangements seemed of questionable character.

Room tip: Breakfast is a very basic grab and go bag.
Date of stay: June 2021