“Surprisingly good food ”
Review of El Parasol

El Parasol
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

We were driving around most of the day and stopped here because of its other reviews. Walked in the door and thought there must be a mistake - my wife looked at me and we decided to roll the dice.

The tamales were awesome and the burrito even better. The chips were average.

Glad we stopped.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

This was unexpected, this small simple restaurant produces some truly great New Mexican cuisine. Everyone had the enchiladas (which they said were wonderful), but as I am allergic to dairy, I had the Green Chili stew (best I have ever had) and the Posole (very good and spicy !). It shows again you cannot judge a book (or a restaurant) by it's cover (or size or decor).

Reviewed 5 April 2017

I have reviewed this not-quite-fast-food New Mexican restaurant favorably for lunch in the past, but had never tried it for breakfast before this week. We had a couple of highly satisfying breakfast burritos as take-out, and I'm happy to say the overall outcome was just as good as for lunches. There was a minor error in one order that meant the burrito wasn't exactly as I intended it, and I downgrade the "service" category for this reason, but the result was still tasty and I could almost certainly have got it changed if I was adamant about it. Interestingly, this is one of the few places where one can get a breakfast burrito "smothered" (topped with lettuce, tomato, etc., but we did not go for that on this trip. Service was remarkably quick considering the popularity of the place; going right after the lunch and high-school crowds disperse is a good idea. Highly recommended for Monday breakfasts, since the superior Chili Works, makers of the best breakfast burritos in northern New Mexico (and about a block away), isn't open then.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

While visiting Los Alamos we visited this restaurant. The food was really good! The service was awesome and they served very quick. The burritos are huge! Loved their guacamole.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Everything there is great. Nice selection of vegetarian options, too. We buy their food by the bag full for our northern New Mexico travels. Wished it was warm enough to sit outside and enjoy the view.