“Nice service but noisy” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Shorewood, Wisconsin
“Nice service but noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Fortunately, I took the advice found in other reviews on this site and requested an upstairs room in the back. I was glad to see that they honored my request. The hotel is centrally located, which means that, in addition to some convenience, there's street and parking lot noise. Moab's Main Street is not as quaint as I thought it might be - it is a busy thoroughfare. (Admittedly, this was the week before the Jeep Safari, and the traffic was really starting to roll in at the end of our four-night stay.) Everything about the room is quite standard with strengths being a large flat-screen TV, a good sized refrigerator, and a nice coffee maker. Weak points: a noisy bathroom fan that can't be turned off separate from the light, and rough towels.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room in the back is essential! We had the one tucked next to the soda machine and I think...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Enjoyed my stay here. Very comfortable beds, clean rooms, and good coffee. No complaints.

• Stayed April 2012
West Valley City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Best Western Greenwell Inn in Moab. We found it to be very clean, comfortable, roomy and nice. The decor was southwestern with artistic photography of the area on the walls. We enjoyed the large screen flat panel HD TV with a bazillion channels. There was a somewhat bigger fridge than I've seen in most rooms. The wi-fi had good connectivity with enough speed and capacity for our needs.

There was plenty of space for our clothes and other belongings. The bed was comfortable and clean. We spent some time in the hot tub which we also found clean and comfortable in good repair

The location is central to the restaurants, shops, and other services in town. We were able to find a variety of restaurants within a short walking distance. I'd heard complaints in reviews about noise from the street, but I did not notice that, even though we were in the 2nd room from the front. The noisiest thing was the heater. :)

On the minus side, we had a little trouble adjusting on the somewhat erratic water temperature in the shower, but the shower heads and tub space were roomy, clean, and nice. The vouchers for breakfast proved to be less than one would expect from a Best Western, as it was a discount at a nearby restaurant, the Pancake Haus, which had a limited variety of options with a high price for the value.

Overall we had a nice enjoyable stay at the Greenwell Inn, and probably would go there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

it was a very windy day...too sandy and too windy.
We stayed one night to visit Arches and Canyonlands National Park (yes, I only stayed one night for both parks...) The hotel was close enough and easy to find. They had hot water and coffe in the lobby which I appreciated a lot, after all I walked though harsh winds for few hours...

The room was clean and spacious. There was enough lighting! The room had a refrigerator but not a microwave, but at least they had a microwave in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Mars Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I had reserved a room here through Expedia, and called the hotel directly to make sure that they were aware of my allergy (asthma) to down and feathers, and my need for synthetic pillows and comforter. The clerk I spoke to made sure that was on my reservation and said that this would not be a problem. When I arrived, early Sunday evening, I was told that no synthetics were available. There was only one inexperienced, and overwhelmed (but earnest) clerk on duty. i had her call her manager and that again was the response and furthermore that was hotel policy. More, the next morning I spoke in person with the assistant manager who told me that if I wanted synthetics, I should have brought my own! No concern, no sympathy. Now, i travel frequently and never had this problem before. They offered to help me find another hotel room, unrealistic considering it was the busiest week of the year in Moab and hotel prices, if you could find a room, were through the roof! And, of course, our time in Moab was already too short for all we wanted to do. The solution? slept with the windows open and quadruple pillowcases the first night to keep the allergens in the air low, then bought 2 synthetic pillows for $14 at the local Kmart type store.
I filed a complaint with Best Western. they also talked to the manager. Similarly unsympathetic. I will think twice before I stay at a Best Western again - this is the only hotel or chain where they have not been able and willing to acommodate my needs!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple