other travellers have booked this property

Review of Gramma's House

Back yard
Room 1
Room 2
Room 3
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Hockenheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
“Last minute rental”
Reviewed 16 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

We found this house as a last minute rental due to an extended stay in Moab due to weather in Colorado. We felt rental charge was high for the quality of the rental but it does have many beds. Very little gathering places outside for grilling and sitting to enjoy the cool evenings in Moab. Water pressure was low in one bathroom and water fixtures throught the rental were poorly secured.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
16 Aug 2015
It is true that this house is a very good deal when you have more people. If you just have three or four there may be better deals around. If you have 10 or 12 you won't find a better deal. I'm not sure there in another three bedroom house in the area for less money.
I do not understand the comment about lack of space for sitting outside. This does not make sense. There is a large back yard with shade trees for sitting outside. There is also a patio in the front. You could easily have 100 people outside enjoying the evening although there aren't that many chairs.
I also went through the house checking for loose fixtures. I found a loose faucet in a bathroom, so I tightened it. The kitchen faucet is a slightly wobbly fixture, but there was nothing I could tighten. If works fine.
desertlov...
Denver, Colorado
“Older but large space, entertaining sunflower theme, quiet location, nice access to hiking/biking trail”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed in the house with 7 people; including, my parents, husband and our 3 kids - ages 7, 7, and 9. Although I was initially taken a back by the place being older (old wood paneling, colorful carpets in bedroom, that sort of thing) the place grew on me. There is a sunflower theme throughout.
It has lots of space. My three kids had their own bedroom to share and their own bathroom. The bedroom with two beds (no bunk bed) and it's own bath is located on the other side of the house, so this gave my parents a spot to be away from the grand kids.
My husband and I stayed in our own room near the kids (with our own bathroom).

Dining room table is large enough to seat all 7 of us without any difficulty.

House is located on a nice quiet street. My daughter and mom wandered out to the nearby bike/hiking dirt trail in the evening for peaceful wander and views of the red rock. Has a big backyard that kids enjoyed playing in.

Unlike an earlier review, the dishwasher did work (just took a firm push to close the door all the way). Although older, it was clean and comfortable. We plan to try and stay there again this fall. The price is great for the tremendous amount of space.

Side note: Walking distance to the right along main route there is a drive thru espresso place :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Large space, quiet location, proximity to trails
Liked least: kitchen was missing some utensils (good can opener for example)
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
t00slow
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wished I would have paid a little more for a nicer place.”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

The house was large with 3 BR and 3 Baths, but it was an older home that has not been well maintained. I could have lived with it just being an older home with things being deteriorated, but the home also had ants, spiders and other little critters. The Bathroom for BR number 1 was especially bad, with ants constantly around the sink and counter. They did have ant spray in the house, but it only solved the problem temporarily. There were also ants in the kitchen, so you couldn't leave any food out without having a massive ant gathering. The dishwasher was also broken, so we had to hand wash the dishes. The front door was in very poor shape. The door was broken on the bottom half, which left a sizeable gap from the door frame. Wind would blow in leaves and sand through the gap. The door could have easily been kicked in, so we could never leave our laptops and valuables behind for fear of it being stolen. For $30-$40 more a night, we could have done a lot better with a newer home. Wished I would have paid the extra money now.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The home is on a quiet street and in a good location.
Liked least: The ants in the house.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
2 Apr 2014
Sorry that you did not like your stay. We were aware that the door was broken and we had one ordered as we could not find one in town. It has now been replaced.
I went over the next day to deal with the ants, but I did not find any. Maybe the spray worked. In any case I left bait traps and hope there will not be any more little ants.
The dishwasher does work. The reviewer after you found that it needed just a little push to close the door in order to start.
I do believe the house is well maintained and we are always glad to take care of any problems that we are aware of.

Travellers are raving about these Moab hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing