I stayed five nights in a tent site. All in all, I was satisfied with this campground. After all, it is a campground and I never had high expectations. The tent sites are on the side and along a wooded area. Each campsite has a fence around it which provides privacy. Furthermore, each tent site has a permanent canopy which was helpful to keep our gear dry while we were gone.
In regards to the showers and bathrooms, they were generally clean and a lot cleaner than other campgrounds that I've stayed.
Staff was great. Mark, the campground super, was very friendly and made it his point to say hello.
Location is good, depending on what you want. If you want quiet wilderness, this is not for you. If you want to be able to walk to restaurants and the supermarket, this is for you. There is some noise coming off the main road. Nevertheless, I am from NYC and it didn't bother me.
My only real complaint was the cockroaches. At night, our site was overrun with cockroaches. At any time, we could count 4-5 scurrying around. While I normally don't mind bugs, I mind cockroaches for whatever reason. We also had an ant problem but I minded this less. Due to this, I will likely not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Canyonlands Campground is a RV park with 66 RV sites, 15 water and electric sites, 41 tent sites, and 8 camper cabins.Services include free wi-fi, swimming pool, pavilion, group campfire area, and childrens play area. The park is pet friendly except for the cabin area. We have a gas station/convenience store, propane sales, and laundromat on site. All sites except RV sites include a fire ring. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyonlands Campground Hotel Moab
- Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground Moab, Utah