We stayed here for a long weekend last fall. The principal reason for our visit was hiking in Canyonlands National Park. We had a great experience. It was shoulder season and the resort was quiet. It was a lovely place to spend our evenings and mornings. I wish we had more time to spend using the resort amenities. We had a great dinner at the restaurant one evening out on the deck overlooking the Colorado River. We had venison and local trout, and much of our dinner vegetables came from the garden growing just outside the main lodge. We also enjoyed the hot tub one evening.The hotel has a gorgeous stable of horses which are available to guests for riding (at an additional fee). We had no problems with service. Everyone was polite and courteous and attended to our needs. The views were some of the most amazing I have ever experienced. We loved just sitting out on our porch swing and enjoying the sunset and the stars. The hotel is incredibly close to so many hiking trails -- we drove down to the Needles portion of Canyonlands one day, which was about an hour drive (and well worth it), but we also enjoyed driving just up the road to the Fishers Tower Trail (10 minutes). With Arches National Park and the Island in the Sky district of Canyonlands just 15-20 minutes away, and lots of great trailheads for biking and hiking even closer, I can't wait for a return visit to explore more of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst southern Utah’s spectacular scenery, Sorrel River Ranch Resort elevates the standard of luxury lodging in Moab, offering 160 acres of wide open ranch land along the Colorado River. Escape and discover extraordinary Arches and Canyonlands National Parks adventures, horseback riding, hiking, farm-to-table meals, rejuvenating spa services and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sorrel River Ranch Hotel Moab
- Sorrel River Hotel
- Sorrel River Resort
- Sorrel River Ranch Resort And Spa Moab, Utah