“"when can we come back"”

Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Moab
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 February 2012

"when can we comeback" These were the first words out of my mouth as we drove away from the Sorrel River Ranch!We had very high expectations because of the price but Sorrel River Ranch delivered big time!
We stayed for 2 nights in February & even though it's technically the down season in Moab, Sorrel River Ranch enveloped us in luxury, serenity & has become one of our most memorable getaways. The property & location are gorgeous! The staff went above & beyond. We were there celebrating my bday & my husband said he was amazed at how great every staff member he encountered while he was planning the details of our stay. He asked for a cake at dinner one night & flowers in the room when we arrived & both of these requests were taken care of flawlessly. We ate at the restaurant & enjoyed the food & atmosphere. With it being the down season things were a little slow at times but we really enjoyed the genuine friendliness & laid back pace. Room service for breakfast one morning on our porch was great & the red rock & river views made it completely worth being away from town. Our couples massage was very nice &the spa facilities were good. The room was clean & plush. Just enough rustic, this is a ranch afterall. In the evenings there's a campfire by the river & we explained to a staff member (Nellie) we hoped to make it back from town one evening to enjoy the river fire & take advantage of the free s'more kit they offer. Well our trip into town lasted longer than we anticipated & when we finally made it back to the ranch we had sadly accepted we had missed the fire & smores....To our amazement we found a note at our cabin door saying the fire was going to be left on a bit later for us to enjoy & that a s'more kit was already there waiting for us! Sitting there all cuddled up making s'mores on the comfy outdoor furniture around the fire, listening to the river flow by & looking up at the stars really made a moment that we both will long remember. We cant wait to go back & have recommended Sorrel River Ranch to coworkers, friends, anyone who will listen! We can't wait for our next stay!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank balogs
HEBS10, General Manager at Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

When can you come back? We sure can’t wait to see you and your husband at Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa again! Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our Moab resort, as well as our restaurant, spa services and staff. We’ll pass along your praise to our team. We are pleased to know that your Birthday getaway went so well, and we hope you can make it an annual way to celebrate. We’ll do our best to go above and beyond to make your vacation memorable each time!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sorrel River Ranch Resort and Spa

Reviewed 9 January 2012

It’s worth it. This is probably the best hotel at which we stayed on our trip through the Southwest. My father, brother, nephew, and I shared a two-floor cabin along the Sorrel River, overlooking a butte. The staff were friendly and breakfast (the only meal we actually had at the hotel) was delicious. The rooms themselves manage to be Western without being corny and/or tacky, and you get to feel like you’re out in the wilderness without having to actually rough it. This is a fantastic place for couples or families, and we’d love to return some day. We scratched only the surface of Moab, and when we come back, there’s no question we’ll stay at Sorrel River Ranch.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank John K

Thank you for staying with us on your Southwest trip and for leaving a review! There is always an abundance of things to explore in Moab, and we agree a return trip to have more adventures would be great! Hope to see you and your family at Sorrel River Ranch again. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with when you plan your next vacation; feel free to contact lcerra@sorrelriver.com!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed in a riverfront/one bedroom cabin around Labor Day 2011. Had planned to stay only two nights to allow for enough time to go hiking in Arches National Park (only about 30 mins away from the resort) and went to Caynonlands & Dead Horse Point State Park, but ended up requesting to add on another night. What can I say, but I fell in love with the resort, the scenery & the whole experience. Running around all day - hiking in the heat, then coming back to the resort for a spa service or soaking in the huge jetted tub in my room was a great treat. Relaxing on the porch in front of the Colorado River around all of the red rock was amazing, relaxing and a photographer's dream. It was an expensive hotel, but I do think it was worth it and I would go back. Also, the spa had great service and I liked that they use organic products.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed in Moab for a week over Christmas doing some hiking and photography in Canyonlands and Arches NPs. I wanted to have my last dinner be my best to top of a great week of photography. So, I chose the restaurant at Sorrel River Ranch Resort. Was I glad I did!! Not only did the meal far surpass anything I had in Moab that week, I would say it is easily in the top 5 restaurant meals I have had in my life! Each dish was fantastic. Each dish was beautifully presented and was only surpassed by the excellent flavor. Chef Andrew introduced himself and personally insured that my meal exceeded any expectations I may have had. I just wish I would have discovered this desert gem earlier in the week! I will be back!! I can only imagine spending the night and having a delicious breakfast to start my day. Thanks again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom villa during August. The pros of this resort are beautiful scenery, good continental breakfast included in the room rate, helpful and personable staff. The cons include exorbitantly expensive price tag (be prepared to pay a lot) which is not meritted due to the very cabin like rooms and lingering sewage smell throughout the property. Moab is a great town and there are a lot of great activities. Sorrell River is 17 miles along a windy road away from all the action. Every time you want to do anything you have to take an 1.15 hour journey. If we ever went back to Moab, I would stay at the winery/hotel that you pass on the way to Sorrell River. Its half the price and it looks just as nice.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room that faces the river
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family