Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Good times!

We booked a last minute half day trip and had a blast. Josh was our guide and showed us some... read more

Reviewed 21 May 2017
562coryc
Lake San Marcos, California
via mobile
Caroline Rocks!...no pun intended!

We did 2 days with Caroline as our guide and loved every minute! She was so thoughtful and... read more

Reviewed 22 April 2017
Scott D
Duxbury, Massachusetts
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Mountain biking with Kathy from Solfun was one of the highlights of our family's recent trip to Moab. She guided us on beautiful ride through Dead Horse State Park on a trail that was suitable for both the novices (me and my two children) and more experienced bikers (my husband) in the group. We were provided with great bikes in perfect condition. Kathy was especially great with our sons, ages 8 and 11. When my 8-year-old son took a bad fall less than 10 minutes into the ride, Kathy was right there with a first aid kit, cleaned him up, and gave him the confidence to continue on and have a great time. After our ride, we were treated to cold drinks and snacks and then made a stop at Dead Horse Point to take in the scenery and snap some photos. I highly recommend this experience!

1  Thank jesshadd
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We rode the Intrepid trail at Dead Horse State park with Solfun, our guide was Matt. We went in the afternoon. I can't really say enough good things; first Matt was right on time, waiting at the prescribed spot, second and one of the more important things to me, my Son, and my friend, the bikes were fantastic- brand new, in perfect tune. Specialized Full suspension 29'rs perfect for the terrain. Matt, we come to find out, is also a science teacher so he knew everything about the geology of the region- that was wonderful!

We went to the Intrepid trail that has absolutely incredible views and a very fun, fast, and flowey trail. There are 2 loops, 9 miles and 4 miles; we did both. It is not an expert trail, but that was good because there were lots of varying skills on this ride; 2 other riders went with us. I was really impressed with how Matt handled our various skills, very safely, but a lot of fun. He was instructive and helpful to beginners and let the better riders go. We all had a great time; I got 18 miles in.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Our Family visited Moab on early July and rode with Allan on July 8th. We had a GREAT! time. We have 2 kids (8 & 11) and we all had a great time. Allan took us to the Monitor & Merrimac area. It was the perfect level for us. Allan worked hard to accommodate the needs and interests of our family and was great company. At one point during the ride he took me to an area with a bit more technical challenges and showed me the great possibilities out there for intense rides. I highly recommend Allan and solfun. We had a lot of fun and will be coming back...

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Solfun gets it right! I called late in the day and Pat was able to get me on a trip the following day. They focus on smaller groups to give each rider the attention they need. Our guide, Matt, assessed the group's skill level quickly to decide on which trail to bring us to. He decided on a trail at Dead Horse state park which provided the perfect variety of slick rock, sand, hills, single track and technical challenges for our group (not to mention it was several degrees cooler than the lower elevations). Matt gave each of us the direction we needed to improve our skills. I can't say enough good things about the day, Matt, and Solfun. Excellent service, trail selection, scenery, conversation, and equipment (the bikes were in like new condition). The day was perfect!

Date of experience: June 2012
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Private tour of the Moab mountain biking experience with Allan Poertner of Solfun Tours was the best. Two of us alpine skiers mountain bike during the off season to stay inshape for heliskiing and back country skiing during the winter. We took this concept to a new level after we booked our trip with Allan. We wanted to be individually instructed on the slick rock techniques and have a few thrills testing our new skill set afterward with out pressure of a group. We also wanted time to do a lot of photography along the way which causes irritating delays for group tours. After hearing about our needs and desires, Allan recommended a private tour for the two of us at a slightly increased cost. what a value we got from this decision! Superb instruction, excellent equipment, efficient access to the most amazing terrain that was known to Allan like, as they say, "the back of his hand". We saw no other mountain bikers on the four trails he chose over two days--amazing to have such a playground to ourselves!. He allowed us to push ourselves safely to new heights in mountain biking without getting hurt or taking undue risks. Time was allowed for great photography--stills and video's which have made the trip even more memorable. What more could we ask for? We can safely recommend Allan and Solfun for any one who has similar desires for a fantastic introduction ( or an expansion of their knowledge) to the challenges of the Slick Rock of Moab.