“Awesome experience top to bottom!”

Canyonlands Ballooning
Ranked #16 of 67 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: For THE adventure of a lifetime, come join your professional FAA pilot Lou Bartell for a hot air balloon ride over the Canyonlands in Moab, Utah. Imagine ascending to greet the sunrise as you drift among geologic wonders that were being created when dinosaurs roamed the earth. The fragile sandstone of Arches National Park and precarious rock towers drift past, each one defying gravity with you. Your trip to Moab would not be complete without flying with us on this unique and unforgettable balloon adventure. The whole family is welcome. Enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity... in the safety of the latest "state of the art" equipment. No two flights are ever the same. Most guests, ranging in ages from from 95 to 5, tell us it's their most memorable event of their vacation. Come fly with us at Canyonlands Ballooning for your hot air balloon adventure.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great captain, great crew, and an amazing experience. Smooth and safe flight. Worth every penny. Would definitely do it again! And ... I got engaged in the air!

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"afraid of heights"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 22 January 2018

My wife was nervous initially but trip was great. Lou was a great captain. The ride was smooth and beautiful. Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank weija1
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I decided to treat myself to a " Canyonlands Hot Air Balloon Flight" as soon as I received the Moab brochure, but first, I had to get there! I drove for 3 days, from Vancouver BC, via Portland,Twin Falls, enjoying the wide open sky, the hot, dry October weather and the fantastic, ever changing scenery.
On the day of my booking, the wind was going to be blowing 35+ Sandra called the night before and gave me a choice; to postpone or cancel? Of course I took the very next 0700 AM. flight. Everyone, from the owners, to the charming crew and each and every guest, were timely, courteous, professional and ever so much fun, to have along for the ride.
My heart is full of gratitude, for the pilot's knowledge and care during our sight seeing. We had a fabulous landing and I was amazed how quickly the ground crew located and retrieved us, thanks to while we the guest were sipping champagne, in blissful contentment. Ursula R.

2  Thank Xanthasoma
Reviewed 3 November 2017

It was an unexpected gift for my birthday. Lou took us smoothly in the quiet air of the morning, besides the cliffs colored by the sunrise.
We went down in the canyons and over the slick rock, during a fantastic and smooth ride.
Definitely worth it, we will come again!
Margaret and Christophe

2  Thank margaretgovart
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My wife and I went ballooning for the first time Mon. morning Oct.16. Needed to dress warm as it was 32 degrees at the start but once we rose up 500 ft or so temp increased about 5 degrees. The early morning light was absolutely incredible; reflecting off the red cliffs giving them highlights that is a photographers dream! This was a lifetime experience.

Capt. Lou and all the folks from Canyonlands Ballooning were wonderful and professional.

Words to the wise; you go where the wind blows, our trip took us just north of Canyonlands NP. The balloon rotated 360 degrees multiple times during our flight so everybody got the benefits of the all the great sighting angles and light offered by the rising sun. The bump on landing was not quite expected but was a bit of a thrill in itself.

While we thought of this as a bucket list trip would do again if the opportunity arises.

2  Thank TacomaPuffin