Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Totally Awesome!

We got up really early and dressed warmly for an adventure of a lifetime in a balloon, soaring over... read more

Reviewed yesterday
roadtrekker
Charlottesville, Virginia
via mobile
Great Morning Flight

We had an awesome flight with Canyonlands Ballooning. This was our first time up and what a... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Joel T
Rochester, Minnesota
via mobile

All reviews balloon ride champagne toast hot air balloon lou bartell bucket list perfect landing wind direction skilled pilot once in a lifetime great pilot entire crew birds eye view amazing experience afraid of heights moab area perfect weather well worth the cost
Reviewed 22 January 2018

My wife was nervous initially but trip was great. Lou was a great captain. The ride was smooth and beautiful. Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank weija1
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I decided to treat myself to a " Canyonlands Hot Air Balloon Flight" as soon as I received the Moab brochure, but first, I had to get there! I drove for 3 days, from Vancouver BC, via Portland,Twin Falls, enjoying the wide open sky, the hot, dry October weather and the fantastic, ever changing scenery.
On the day of my booking, the wind was going to be blowing 35+ Sandra called the night before and gave me a choice; to postpone or cancel? Of course I took the very next 0700 AM. flight. Everyone, from the owners, to the charming crew and each and every guest, were timely, courteous, professional and ever so much fun, to have along for the ride.
My heart is full of gratitude, for the pilot's knowledge and care during our sight seeing. We had a fabulous landing and I was amazed how quickly the ground crew located and retrieved us, thanks to while we the guest were sipping champagne, in blissful contentment. Ursula R.

2  Thank Xanthasoma
Reviewed 3 November 2017

It was an unexpected gift for my birthday. Lou took us smoothly in the quiet air of the morning, besides the cliffs colored by the sunrise.
We went down in the canyons and over the slick rock, during a fantastic and smooth ride.
Definitely worth it, we will come again!
Margaret and Christophe

2  Thank margaretgovart
Reviewed 29 October 2017

My wife and I went ballooning for the first time Mon. morning Oct.16. Needed to dress warm as it was 32 degrees at the start but once we rose up 500 ft or so temp increased about 5 degrees. The early morning light was absolutely incredible; reflecting off the red cliffs giving them highlights that is a photographers dream! This was a lifetime experience.

Capt. Lou and all the folks from Canyonlands Ballooning were wonderful and professional.

Words to the wise; you go where the wind blows, our trip took us just north of Canyonlands NP. The balloon rotated 360 degrees multiple times during our flight so everybody got the benefits of the all the great sighting angles and light offered by the rising sun. The bump on landing was not quite expected but was a bit of a thrill in itself.

While we thought of this as a bucket list trip would do again if the opportunity arises.

2  Thank TacomaPuffin
Reviewed 26 October 2017

The ballooning experience was a great and exciting adventure that takes place (Moab - Canyonlands) in a perfect location.

The support team was courteous, friendly and highly organized. It was interesting to observe the preparations as well as the post ballooning routine. Captain Lou was professional, communicative, engaged, and respectful of his customers.

What made the experience even more thrilling is that, both, my wife and I, have a slight fear of heights and that our decision to do this was a personal challenge that we made to ourselves. Each of us gave the other person the right to opt out prior to entering the balloon basket.

Bottom line; a little personal anxiety in trade for million dollar views, combined with a magnificent experience, is well worth the price.

3  Thank stewbolno