“Manager”
Review of White Horse Tavern

White Horse Tavern
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 13
Description: Burgers, Brews, and Bourbons The White Horse Tavern in Harpers Ferry is an Adventure Sports Tavern, with great pub fare, huge 1/2 pound burgers, wings, micro brews, and top shelf Bourbons. Big screen tv's surround the scene.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On work trip, was hesitant on dining in the motel restaurant but glad I did. Had a simple burger however meat was fresh and not frozen. Sports on TV, nice staff throughout. Server(Stephanie) was quick and helpful. Even suggesting things to do in area.
Great experience overall!!

TavernMRG, Manager at White Horse Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review Mikey! I will be sure to relay your kind words to Stephanie and our staff. Join us again on your next trip!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely setting for an outdoor lunch. Food was very good and served promptly. Beers were cold and wine was an excellent selection.

TavernMRG, Manager at White Horse Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

So glad you enjoyed your lunch. We just currently changed our wine list and are pleased to hear that!

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Me and a group of 4 visited here based on River Riders suggestion and were disappointed. The service was slow even tho at one point we were the only table in the resturant. We all ordered wings which were over seasoned and overcooked with little meat. No ones order came out correctly and the Bill's were charged wrong. Basically there was something wrong with every aspect of the eating out experiance.

1  Thank Matt p
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

We visited Friday night and came here instead of the myriad of other restaurants near our B&B because we had been here years ago and the wedge salad was so awesome, I wanted it again. Kind of a disappointment though as when it arrived there was barely any bacon on it. When the waitress came to check on us I asked her to tell the cook, “Could he spare the bacon?” I also said I would pay extra for more. She kind of laughed me off and obviously did not take me seriously. Now the rest of our meal was fine except that she delivered our check while I was still eating? I felt rushed and kind of offended over the stupid bacon! Now I have worked for years as a waitress as a 2nd job so I know what I’m talking about when I say the little things DO matter when you don’t get out much and you finally get to go out and then get disappointed when the situation could have been remedied so easily. I...want...more...BACON darn it!!! So while I feel petty about this I really want the cook to know that when I pay $7.99 for a quarter head of iceberg lettuce and a couple of thin slices of tomato with dressing, you’d better give me a significant amount of BACON!!! (Rant over).

Reviewed 16 October 2018

While the food here was fine and the lunch menu price was right, the service was frustrating. When we walked in, both the manager and waitress seemed to be waiting on us, but not talking to each other. We sat down and they ASKED if we were in a hurry and we told them yes, ordered a wrap and a burger, and IT TOOK 25 MINUTES TO MAKE A WRAP AND GRILL A BURGER. I understand and appreciate that it would have taken me at least that long to make an equivalent meal at home, but it was just super frustrating, especially when they initiated and asked if we were in a hurry, as thought that was going to quicken their service (it did not, apparently). Food was fine, especially for the price, but nothing to write home about.

The ranch dressing was great.