See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The house is 125 years old and has a wonderful feeling of vintage Bayfield. No glitz, in town but away from the busy part of town. An easy walk to the port. Our hosts were both accommodating and engaging. The breakfast was exactly to my liking, not the overwhelming presentation of eggs and meats we have experienced in other B & B's.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Julie and Larry M, Owner at Cooper Hill House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Cooper Hill House B&B in Bayfield WI. Our home is quiet and unpretentious, which is what almost all of our guests have preferred over the past 25 years.

Julie and Larry MacDonald

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Very quaint. NO TV. The rooms were clean, but very small and we had no control over the air conditioning. It was on during the day and off at night. Because it is on the main highway going thru Bayfield, traffic noises were an issue. Breakfast was served between 8-9:30. I guess we expected to have it on the table to be able to take back to our rooms. Instead we were served and the inkeepers watched us eat. Also, I thought the description was fruit (expecting fresh fruit, not concoctions), muffins and coffee; I was on a special diet and expecting fresh fruit, so ended up eating things that did not agree with me. We had asked to bring our own coffee pot into our room and were told no because others would expect the same thing. It seemed the Inkeeper was waiting up for us to come in at night, and other guests made mention as to when we came in at night? I guess we expected more independence and privacy. All in all, way to expensive for what we got. Would not rebook here. Wendy

Room Tip: NO TV, radio, etc
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple