“Charming atmosphere and hearty sized north woods breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Egg Toss Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Bayfield
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Maine
“Charming atmosphere and hearty sized north woods breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Our family has frequented Bayfield for many years and always find a way to enjoy the many fine food offerings to this Northern Wisconsin gem of a town. The Egg Toss is bright, cheerful and charming. The breakfast selections are plentiful with tastes for all eaters, including our picky 5 yr old! My last bfast there, I enjoyed an omelet with perfectly cooked bacon slices and tried their seeded bread toast- it was amazing with the jam, which I'm guessing was homemade. YUM!!! Be sure to hit this place, and if there is a wait, it's worth it!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Minnesota
“Decent breakfast spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

Our day to the Bayfield area was packed so knowing we didn't have time for lunch, we wanted a big breakfast. Breakfast is of course, the Egg Toss specialty. The atmosphere and interior is sunny and bright. The food is a bit overpriced. It filled us up, which was the goal. I had the Fisherman's platter with eggs, bacon, hasbrowns and sausage. My husband had the southern style biscuits and gravy. Portions were good, but food was average. Our server was good. For where we were and what it was, it was fine, but don't go out of your way to go here.

• Visited May 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Basic breakfast food in a small town.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

Reading reviews is always a little dangerous ahead of time because you go in with others' expectations in your head. But I do have to say I agree with someone who commented on the lack luster service and the continued mystery of the 'do-nothing' waitress.
My waitress seemed annoyed my presence interrupted her morning of not wanting to be at work and took her much longer than it should have to take my order. She didn't smile once. Not at me. Not at other customers. Not to her co-workers. If you're not a morning person - don't serve breakfast.
I will say that she adjusted my original order to save me some money when I said there was something on the platter I didn't want, so that an unexpected plus.
Once my order was finally taken, the food was delivered quickly and hot. The food (pancakes and eggs) were pretty standard. Not that you can make scrambled egg whites alone be amazing, so that's on me - not them.
All in all, basic breakfast food so you can't go wrong there, just don't expect service with a smile. More like you just woke up your mom about 2 hours before she wanted to get up and you're asking her to make you breakfast.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis
“Don't miss the Crabby Benny!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

WOW - what a tasty little surprise - eggs benedict, but with a crab cake between the egg and the english muffin! A 1/2 order is enough for one person, but the full order is good for sharing. Service was great and everyone was friendly. A must stop for breakfast!

• Visited May 2011
Marquette
“Best spinach omelet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

Wonderful weekend with family and friends. Ate at The Egg Toss twice and had an excellent breakfast both times. The spinach omelet was wonderful, the best I've ever had. Their omelets were light and fluffy. Also tried the granola pancakes- awesome! Our waitress was very friendly and was working very hard. I love the atmosphere. Very sunny and bright. Can't wait to go back next year!