“Mixed Feelings”
Review of Val Verde Winery

Val Verde Winery
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Del Rio
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest winery in Texas.
Reviewed 4 June 2017

The young lady who pours the wine was not very friendly or generous with the product. I got about an inch full of red wine and it was not very good. I would have bought a bottle if I could have tasted more and found one that I liked. The vineyard is pretty. Not very many things to look at or buy inside. However, try it and enjoy the outside area, which is lovely.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Great place to visit! Great customer service and interesting! Accessories available and port wine for sale.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

This is a very small brewery but very nice to visit. First sample is free. Only one sweet red available, which we purchased. But there are several other choices including a Merlot and a white.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This is a great place to stop for Texas wine lovers, wine lovers in general, or people just passing through Del Rio. This is the oldest winery in Texas, and they remain in their same building more than a century old. Read the historical marker outside, then head inside and do a tasting. You'll taste good wine and also get a good history lesson about this family. Make sure to walk around the historic building and property before you go, and take a bottle or two with you to remember the experience.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

There isn't much to do or see around Del Rio, but this little winery will give you a pleasant surprise. On th small time we spent there, the ladies running the taste test were extremely friendly and helpful.
I had tasted the Rose at a banquet in Laughlin AFB and wanted to taste more so we had to visit the winery while in town. We tasted a few wines (five for 5) based on my preferences and their knowledge of their wines, as you would expect they would.
I am not a wine connoisseur by any means, and like anything else it is up to your preference. For me, there were some wines I liked, others I didn't... my preference and taste. Doesn't make them a bad winery or good, it's all in your taste. So if you are in the area, this is something you can go see. Maybe they have a wine you will fall in love with.