Open today: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Good wine!

Went with sister in law and had a wonderful time! Left with several bottles of fantastic wine! I... read more

Reviewed 9 July 2018
Anja C
Del Rio, Texas
via mobile
Quaint place

We were looking for activities to do in the Del Rio area. The winery was small, quaint and... read more

Reviewed 30 June 2018
mommamoore3
Newton, Kansas
via mobile

All reviews wine tasting in town val verde tasting room tawny port take home great wine small place friendly staff crackers lots of history for sale olive trees hidden gem bottle grapes ports
Reviewed 14 March 2017

There isn't much to do or see around Del Rio, but this little winery will give you a pleasant surprise. On th small time we spent there, the ladies running the taste test were extremely friendly and helpful.
I had tasted the Rose at a banquet in Laughlin AFB and wanted to taste more so we had to visit the winery while in town. We tasted a few wines (five for 5) based on my preferences and their knowledge of their wines, as you would expect they would.
I am not a wine connoisseur by any means, and like anything else it is up to your preference. For me, there were some wines I liked, others I didn't... my preference and taste. Doesn't make them a bad winery or good, it's all in your taste. So if you are in the area, this is something you can go see. Maybe they have a wine you will fall in love with.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

The Val Verde Winery is a local historic winery in Del Rio, Texas, owned and operated by the Qualia family. I have visited the winery when I was invited on various occasions. The winery is located on a scenic property and the Qualia family have always been very welcoming and attentive during the wine tastings. The only factor that truly affects my rating of this winery is that I have yet to taste a wine that I think is minimally satisfactory to my wine palate. Some folks do enjoy some of the wines at the Val Verde Winery and naturally if beauty is in the eye if the beholder I suppose taste is in the beholder's palate and taste preferences. Thus far in my experience, the wines I've tasted here have simply not been to my personal liking. I do however admire the work and effort that is put into the whole wine making process at the Val Verde Winery. Their grounds are very well kept, and recently the winery has also embarked on the endeavor to grow olive trees and make their own olive oil. I'm a big fan of olives and the products produced from them. I have yet to try the winery's olive oil but I look forward to doing so. Perhaps it will be their olive oil that will catch my interest more so than the wines.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

You can get one complimenty sample...a taste of 5...or what we did...shared a taste of ALL the wines including the ports for $10. We mostly prefer sweet wines and bought the Muscat but also liked several others. The Merlot was very good. The pricier of the two Ports was really good. Nice girl serving our tasting with good knowledge of the wines and history of the winery. Wines from $9 to $40 for the port.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

The wine isn't all that great but the history is fun. This winery lived through prohibition by making sacramental wine. The site is beautiful and ancient. The winery is actually hard to find since it is located well off the beaten track in the original part of Del Rio which is most interesting to drive through. Many old mansions and historical buildings.

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Our family of 7 adults went in for the complete tasting .
We all enjoyed
Friendly staff
Charge for the the tastings