“Wonderful legendary bread”

Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Well when you go to San Francisco, you have to make sure you go to Boudin's. They have the famous sourdough bread, and it truly was better than we thought it would be. Surpassed in my opinion only by Tartine's which is another famous bakery there. But the bread at Boudin's is great and they had some great sandwich options at their cafe. We ate at the restaurant above the bakery, and although it was very overpriced, we tried to compensate the $160 bill with the immaculate view of the pier. Don't get me wrong, the food was amazing. And if you're wanting to find perfectly crusty, yet chewy sourdough bread. Boudin is the place to go.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

About 11:00 on a Sunday morning is the worst time to try to find a place to eat around Fisherman's Wharf. Everything was packed and we stopped in here to check out the lunch.

First of all, figuring out how to order was impossible. We did get a tip from an employee to go near the pick up window....which did help. I ordered a ham and cheese and my wife the scrambled eggs and bacon. Mine was good but my wife says hers just excellent. If we went back again, we would order the clam chowder.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Boudins is a worth a visit to see this great bakery in action! It's busy, the atmosphere is buzzing, the food is great, the retail experience good, and the Fishermans Wharf location not to be missed.

1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I am a regular visitor. Like their location and combo meals. Enjoy and watching people. Friendly service also.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Not out of this world delicious, but not bad. My family and I were excited to eat here and we walked away happy that we stopped. Staff was a little weird, but nice. My cashier walked away without explanation to do something right when we were about to order. She came back and apologized. My half of Tomato Soup / half Cheese Sandwich combo hit the spot on that cold evening.