“Finally fabulous fish and chips in San Francisco”
Review of Pacific Catch

Pacific Catch
Reserve with OpenTable
Pacific Catch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 6,272 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Golden Gate Park
Cross street: Lincoln
Transit: One Block from the N Judah/9th Ave stop
Description: We are the Bay Area’s leading fish house and we offer fresh, sustainable seafood with Pacific flavors in a decidedly WestCoast style. Our focus is on quality seafood with a unique perspective, inspired by the Pacific and prepared by our chefs in our scratch kitchen. happy hour | outside seating | dog friendly outdoor seating | full bar
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

A great seafood restaurant. Lots of wonderful fish but we particularly like the fish and chips. Thin crust, not greasy, spicy dipping sauces, sweet potato fries, great Cole slaw. They also have some Korean spicy ribs, fantastic.
Pleasant roomy dining room. Friendly cute manager.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Dinner after a fulfilling day of standing, walking and sitting in Golden Gate Park.

The routine of our past Day 3 itineraries: Park in the large, secure underground garage & leave the car there. After 5 hours, the fee has maxed out, so take advantage of the secure parking.

As most of the park venues close at 4:30-5 p.m., and rush hour’s begun, we go to a different restaurant in the Inner Sunset. As a tourist, I imagine how privileged that residents are who live here, knowing there’s scores of wonderful cafes to hunker down and enjoy.

Today, we headed for Sunset Catch. Before each trip, I’ll print out menus of restaurants near our venues, and let her choose. She wanted seafood, and had I not just eaten rice cakes, mochi and other Japanese delicacies at the Japanese Tea House in the Friendship Garden -- just hours earlier -- I wouldn’t have minded.

(I wasn’t hungry). But, it’s her vacation, too!

Happily, the restaurant hadn’t filled up (it was barely 5 p.m.), and even better, there will bowls on the menu, which promised to fulfill my need for a “small dinner.”

She chose the Thai Curry and I, the Japanese Wasabi. We ordered green tea, hot, to “open” our bellies, or whatever’s down there. The bowls are offered in the half greens/half grains option that is slowly becoming available. You also select from four seafood/chicken options to add to your bowl.

We enjoyed our meal. Every bite was a moment to look forward to. Flavorful, not overwhelming, and perfectly blended. When I sampled from her Thai Curry, it didn’t taste good with the Wasabi flavors on my tongue. In other words, each bowl had its own character.

There are six Sunset Catch locations in the Bay Area, with a new opening soon in Dublin. Is that fair? Just the Bay Area?

Oh well, while I didn’t leave my heart in San Francisco, the Pacific Catch did reel me in.

Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

We had the Rice bowls with their original poke. Salmon and seared ahi tuna. Great portions and fantastic flavors. Nice area next to Golden Gate Park.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I had the fish taco, which was surprisingly good. (I had never had one before, and had no idea what to expect.)
The location was convenient, with a small parking lot behind the restaurant.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

Despite its seafood-themed name, it has a fairly diverse menu, with everything from Mexican chicken to Vietnamese steak options. The drinks were very good, the prices are a lot more reasonable than the fancy pants exterior would lead you to believe, and it's right across the street from the park. Service was very good, all in all a nice option to have in the back of your pocket when visiting this part of San Francisco.