“Begin your day long trip by having breakfast here!!”
Review of Liguria Bakery

Liguria Bakery
Ranked #15 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed 20 August 2017

I love the old small eating joints which have some stories to tell along with delicious food to serve.

This bakery is absolute heaven for Foccacia bread. Believe me, they are best I have had till date.

But you have to be here preferably before 10 am so that you can select what you want. The bakery runs out of some of the popular items like Garlic, Jalapeno Foccacia faster.

We were planning to visit Coit Tower, and this bakery is on the way. we picked up 7-8 varieties. And had some of it at the park next to this bakery. A perfect weekend morning. And after that, we took a walk and visited Coit tower.

The breads were pretty fresh as we refrigerated them and had for next couple of days as well.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

The bread here is delicious! It comes in several flavors, but with a side of serious attitude. Just give your order, hand over the cash and leave. If you want it cut in pieces, ask ahead of time, as they will not offer and then will bark if you ask after the bread is brought to the counter. Look for a smile somewhere else. Perhaps the aggression is good for building gluten in the bread dough.....if this is the case, then nothing should change. Be forewarned and enter if you dare. Buon fortuna!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Make sure you get here early! I have missed out on the best focaccia twice because I did not get there early enough. This last time I was there they still had a few flavors left. I got the garlic rosemary and it was great. They only accept cash.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Just a good old school place with focaccia and nothing else. The service is to the point and they only take cash. Rekindled memories from my childhood in Bologna. We got the pizza, rosemary garlic, and raisin. My wife ate most of the focaccia (although it was meant for me) and wishes we had a similar place in the OC.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

The only thing this place serves is Focaccia- which is to die for if you like breads..! If you want to not miss any flavor, you gotta rush early in the morning else they sell out really quick. (11 am you wont find anything)

They have some amazing flavors- but we love the rosemary garlic, jalapeno cheese and pizza (if you like saucy) then try this.

They only accept cash, so do carry it. Its about 5.5$ a slab. If you wish to eat it right away, you can ask them to cut it up and sit opposite in the park and enjoy it with a cup of coffee :) You can also get a few extra ones and keep in fridge- they usually stay fresh for a week.

There is no seating,its just a focaccia pickup place. Go in only for that with no expectation son the ambiance..