“Danish pastry”
Review of Mariposa

Mariposa
Ranked #25 of 114 Bakeries in San Francisco
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Like a little piece of heaven for celiacs. Tried their bagels, danish pastries and cinnamon rolls. All tasted amazing and I wish I had them around the corner. Its well worth a visit if you need to eat gluten free!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Mariposa makes all their goodies in a dedicated gluten-free kitchen, which makes everything safe for sensitive Celiacs like me! I have a couple other food allergies, and their labels helped me choose which foods I could eat and which I should skip.

We got their chocolate whoopie pies and ate them with cappuccinos from the Peet's Coffee around the corner. They were delicious! Maybe the edges of the cake would lean toward dry for some people, but I liked it. The frosting was VERY, VERY sweet, so be forewarned.

We will definitely be back to try their breakfasts or sandwiches next time we're in SF.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

It was fantastic to be told about and find this great cafe with gluten free food. I found it difficult in San Francisco to find gluten free food, even to be understood in the shops when asking about gluten free food (I come from New Zealand and speak clear English!)
so it was so good to be able to eat their absolutely yummy food. Wonderfully presented and tasted divine. I am coeliac and this was a goldmine. Thanks so much

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I went to Mariposa twice for breakfast while visiting San Francisco. I had both the ham and cheese pocket and the cinnamon bun, and they were delicious. Yummy breakfast!

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We were so excited to visit Mariposa Bakery in the Ferry marketplace -- one of our first stops upon arriving in San Fran. Our celiac daughter has a major sweet tooth and craves tasty desserts so we are always happy to oblige her when the opportunity presents itself. We purchased quite a bit: lemon cupcakes with vanilla filling, lemon cake, cinnamon roll, whoopie pies, and sweetheart cookies. Everything tasted great -- like it should (but often doesn't). We returned the next day to sample more treats (penguins) and my daughter and I also tried the ham and cheese pastry pocket. Delicious!! We are fans!