“Excellent and very cool” 5 of 5 bubbles

W San Francisco
Ranked #70 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent and very cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

We loved all the W experience. It's my 4th time staying with w ant I love it.
The rooms are cool and cozy. Bathrooms are very good with nice amenities
The service was great. The concierge is there to provide with all your needs, even if he has to go all over to help you he does. Front desk also great.
Perfectly located. Around the corner from MOMA, and in front of the Yerba buena complex.
Parking sisterm works well, a little expensive, but. San Francisco parking is not
Cheap. Walking distance from union square an chinatown , without being inside the noise there
Highly recommend. Will stay there next time in SF

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Karu256
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
I am so glad to hear you loved your stay! It is always a pleasure to know that we have earned repeat business, thank you for loyalty!

I enjoy our location in SOMA as well, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Brad W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Recently stayed on July 4th at the W in SF for one night/two days and had a great experience. Wanted to step it up a bit so secured a few nights at the St. Regis next door for the rest of our trip.

The W Hotel is in close proximity to two BART stations so it was easy to walk to/from Market Street. As Gold Preferred Guests, we were upgraded to a Cool Corner Suite; check in was easy and very professional as expected.

We especially enjoyed the free MDX service which shuttled us within a four mile radius of the hotel. Our driver, Ky, was top notch... very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable of the city as well as some hot spots in Napa/Yountville. We very much appreciated his hospitality the two days we were there - he went out of his way to ensure we were taken care of. Carla, the supervisor for the MDX service, was also very nice and approachable (unlike the gentlemen who was managing the reservations on the 4th... a bit grumpy and not customer service oriented; may just a bad day).

Overall, we had a wonderful experience and will return the next time we visit the city.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed for a night at this hotel for my birthday and it is by far the Best hotel stay in my life and will surely be talked about for days!
CUSTOMER SERVICE - Excellent! I was in contact with Kristi Blecha before the date of my check-in and she went above an beyond to make my birthday evening an unforgettable experience! The staff are very personable and accommodating. Little things like mentioning your name when they pickup the phone at the front desk made my experience very personal. Please keep up the good work!
ROOM - I put on the "Special Request" section of the reservation for a high floor but I wasn't expecting much as I got a great deal on the room rate. But, I was suprised that they were able to grant my wish! It has the most amazing view! The room is very clean and I always admire the decor!
FOOD - My friends and I had dinner at Trace, the restaurant at the hotel. The plate is properly proportioned and the price is reasonable. Everything is flavorful and we cannot stop raving how great the food is! The restaurant staff is friendly and attentive to our needs.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to stay in San Francisco. A great hotel experience is hard to find nowadays and W San Francisco definitely got it right!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W San Francisco, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Hello, and thank you so much for sharing your story with us! I am thrilled to hear that this was the best stay of your life, that’s fantastic! Kristi is amazing, as is the rest of our Talent. The best compliments we can receive are Talent based.

I am glad you were able to eat at TRACE, and enjoyed the meal.

It sounds like you loved the view, and I hope to welcome you back to W San Francisco soon. We really appreciate the recommendation, as word of mouth is extremely important!

Have a great day,
Brad W
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed three nights at the W for my wife's birthday. They upgraded us to a corner room on the 26th floor with spectacular views to the Bay Bridge. The room was large with quality fixtures. Definitely a top hotel.
The restaurant is also very good if you aren't eating elsewhere.
A short walk away will get you to Westfield for your shopping needs and a little further to the cable cars. A tip for those wanting to catch the cable car back from the Bay at 9pm. They only leave at 15 minute intervals. It doesn't matter if there are 200 people waiting, they just leave the cable cars banked up and idle, so if there's 50 people in front of you, it's an hours wait. Take a cab.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

I've have stayed in multiple hotels in San Francisco but this was my first time in the W. I was not overly impressed with the rooms, however the service was by far the best. From the moment I checked in, up until my departure I was extremely pleased with the level of service. The entire staff was super friendly and helpful. Two individuals left a lasting impression, the first was Sebastian, loved his accent but even more so his friendly demeanor, interest in what we thought of our stay and willingness to assist. The lobby lounge was very cool and we spent quite some time there hanging out. Mary provided an excellent service, friendly conversation and always made sure we were happy. I definitely will be staying there on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business