See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel was a complete and utter disappointment. It’s dirty, broken down, and was most certainly the worst part of our trip to SF.

We booked online through a website that didn’t allow you to see the name of the property before confirming. Based on this experience, we will never do that again!

Initially booked a room with a king size bed. About one day after booking our party size changed, so we called the hotel to see if they could change our res to two queens. They happily agreed, and confirmed twice via phone over the next few months that our change could be accommodated. When checking in, an extremely rude front desk worker refused to honor the previous agreement, and told us we booked a king and that’s what we get. He even went to far as to accuse us of lying when we informed him we had called to confirm our change. We ended up giving up and taking a filthy rollaway cot, which cost us an extra $105.

Check in experience aside, the room itself was practically unliveable. The carpet was filthy and clearly hadn’t been vacuumed, especially under the bed. Furniture was broken, scratched and in terrible repair. The drapes were also filthy, and had bloodstains all over them. The shower had mold/mildew growing in it, and didn’t drain at all. Nothing worse than taking a shower in a dirty shower with water up to your knees.

There is also no a/c, which would have been fine had there been a screen on the window. Instead we were treated to the experience of bugs flying in through the window all night while we tried to keep cool.

The only pro I can offer to this hotel is that our toilet broke our second day into our stay, and the maintenance staff fixed it same day.

When staying in this neighborhood in SF, affordable options are limited, but it’s hard to imagine a worse option than the Oasis. If you find yourself traveling to the city, LOOK ELSEWHERE!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart J
Reviewed 8 August 2018

good stuff , nothing fancy but nice , germans seem to love this place, i live near it so it was great to have fam stay there, place is good, not too low not to high, just know the streets can be bit crazy in san francisco due to homelessness,traffic, etc

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel really wasn't too bad for the price, cons were limited parking so we had to pay to park in a lot, no fridge in room and no AC (also no screens in windows). Everything else was fine really, it was walking distance to the concert we stayed for (rickshaw stop)

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aleah S
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

San Francisco is an expensive city and this was one of the only affordable options for our budget. It’s fairly central but the location is not great. There are a lot of homeless people around - some of whom were completely harmless but some were extremely intimidating and threatening. One man threatened to kill my friend and another followed us down the street for a long time.

We found the staff at Oasis to be quite rude and unhelpful.

The rooms are very basic - a lot of our furniture was wonky/ broken and the shower is only usable if you are 4ft.

There is a cute courtyard to sit out in which would be nice in the summer.

I wouldn’t stay here again if I returned to San Fran.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank MeghanG83
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I booked this months ago as a worse case scenario and later realised I had booked with no cancellation options. And then I read TripAdvisor reviews every month. For nine months. I have stressed. And all for nothing. Yes. It is a budget motel - we paid just over a hundred dollars a night for 3 of us. I tried to confirm with them and organise airport transfer as advertised before arrival via email. No response and the trepidation grew. Upon arrival, I was greeted politely and processed efficiently. The room has two double beds - both are ready to be replaced with two people tumbling in to the centre, but fine for the third person sleeping alone- and a decent tv. There is no kettle or fridge, but there is an iron and hairdryer. No kettle! The room was immaculately clean and serviced daily. It is clear that we are not the first guests here, but nothing worse than that. There is an ice and vending machine available at the beautiful oasis on level 2 , but no close-by tea or coffee options. A little convenience store across the road. Yes the streets are noisy but I had to look down the alleys to see the oft mentioned homeless. Parking and wifi both available as advertised. 1 mile from union square. My recommendations to mgt: kettle and it’s time to remattress. Would I recommend: if you’re looking for cheap and clean with parking and wifi, consider this one.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family