All reviews free parking great location the penthouse free coffee noisy at night tour buses alcatraz ferry street noise within walking distance per night other hotels in the area beds were comfortable around the corner ghirardelli square cable car wharf motel
Reviewed 3 November 2015

We chose this hotel because of it's location and price and favorable reviews. It's an older hotel but it has the basic necessities. It's clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. As mentioned in other reviews, it was noisy but it may not be that noisy in every room. We were right at the front facing the street. I had read in another review to ask for a room at the back, but I forgot to ask. We would probably stay here again but ask for a room away from the street.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room facing the street
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Nice hotel right at Fisherman's Wharf. You are 1/2 short block from the Wharf. Short walk to Cable Car stations (both), Pier 39, Ghiradeli Square and more. Free Parking and proximity to Fisherman's Wharf sold me. My family walked to the Wharf and Pier 39, Ghiradeli Square, took Cable Car to China Town, came back on Street Car. Short drive to the Golden Gate Bridge.
Elevator is accessible via room tap card which will give you bit piece of mind. 2 Queen beds room did not have a tub nor a fridge or microwave. It did have a desk nice comfy chairs and doors to adjoining room. Front desk has coffee and hot water for cocoa at all hours. I found the mattress to be very comfortable.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

We booked this hotel because we wanted to stay near Fisherman's Wharf and we needed parking. If we didn't have the car we may have booked elsewhere. We did our homework and knew this was definitely not a luxury hotel. Thankfully the staff were extremely nice and helpful, without the staff this would probably get a 3 star rating as the Wharf Inn does need some updating, but for the price you have to expect it won't be perfect. Next time we visit San Francisco we will stay in a different location as it was too touristy for our tastes.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Unless your a group of young string streetwise blokes who can look after themselves stay away from here.. My husband booked this place a few weeks prior and unfortunately didn't do his homework before booking , I hand on heart have never in my life been so afraid for my safety the drug dealers homeless and guys hanging around with Pit bulls was intimidating enough to cause me anxiety I actually changed into things and baseball cap and my casualist clothes I could find in a bid to blend in ... When we arrived to the room at night ( we stayed out as long and late as possible to avoid the smelly hellhole of a room) we arrived to the noisiest of neighbours 2 family's next door you could hear every word so we were whispering to each other , what did it for me was that 7 times in twenty minutes they tried to get into our room through the interconnecting door ( absolutely terrifying I thought we may be murdrered or robbed it felt like that kind of place) we left at midnight for an upmarket place I thankfully found in the business district ( v expensive as a convention was on) I had to have Valium to calm my nerves it was like leaving hell and arriving in heaven ... Please don't put a women through what I went through

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vicky H
Reviewed 31 October 2015

Well - this place took me by surprise, no it's nothing special, in fact I would say a typical 'motel' with basic facilities. Rooms are clean and friendly - very expensive to stay here and there are no facilities - well thats not correct there is coffee and hot water in the hotel lobby anything else - well no - zero!
Room was large enough and a comfortable bed - basic bathroom - TV - thats about it.
So what can I say good about this place? LOCATION - it's great - if you want to be right on Fisherman's Wharf - well you won't get any closer - everything is a short walk away.
Yes there are much better and finer hotels in SF - but you want to be right there - this is definitely the place! Plus you don't have to stay long - I did three days - that was enough - but got all the sights in during that time! Oh and it is noisy too - don't worry - a set of ear plugs are provided in your room!!!!

Room Tip: Just give it a go - the location is unbeatable
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple