1,479 results
All reviews club level nob hill beautiful hotel one bedroom suite union square house car luxury hotel lobby bar the entire staff turn down service bell staff four seasons rental car an upgrade the financial district valet parking ferry building
Reviewed 11 February 2017

Excellent facility, location and personnel. Greeted warmly every time I returned to the hotel. The hotel is in a quiet location but its proximity to the stairs puts you in the center of town in 2 minutes.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank laurafP2398IC
Reviewed 10 February 2017

This is hotel is a quiet & elegant oasis in the heart of San Francisco

Pros
1. Probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on
2. Very quiet despite its central location
3. Extremely attentive and polite staff
4. Elegant, historical building which has been extensively renovated without losing it's charms
5. Great location

Cons
1. I would never spend this much on a hotel for leisure travel
2. layout of this hotel is a little byzantine due to the age of the building and location on a steep hill
3. Lobby is small which makes it difficult if a lot of folks are leaving or arriving at the same time

Conclusion: would definately stay here again...if someone else was paying for it.

Room Tip: my room faced a busy street but was still very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank PDXcoffeetraveler
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I would recommend this hotel for anyone searching for a high quality experience. Upon arrival we were greeted by name. They wished my husband a happy birthday. They also left a birthday card and treats for my husband's birthday. Would definitely return again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rebecca h
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Sublime!!!! We were spoiled with a beautiful room, champagne and rose petals over our bed. Couldn't have made it more memorable! Restaurant recommendations were superb! Thank you all so very much. Dinner was exquisite

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven G
Reviewed 6 February 2017

You're probably better off staying somewhere else at 1/2 or 1/4th the cost and using the extra money to fill the gap on anything you'd be missing out on. the rooms might be a little bigger here and the staff is polite... but in no way did it justify the cost.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank Andrew B
Bruce G, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Dear Andrew B,

Thank you so much for being our guest and for taking the time to post a review on your stay. We strive to provide our guests exceptional personalized service, facilities, amenities and a memorable stay so your comments are extremely important to us so we may focus on areas that require improvement.

While I was happy to learn you enjoyed our spacious rooms and the service of our ladies and gentlemen, I was very disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered in which I would like to apologize. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we are utilizing your comments to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again Andrew and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Nob Hill landmark for a more memorable stay in the future.

Warm regards,