“Just walk away... The worst customer services we have ever experienced... Given a choice, we pick no star for this one.”

Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel
Ranked #111 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

We traveled a lot with SPG hotels, largely because the chain covers some really good properties in Europe and Asian, we have been happy with our experiences elsewhere overall, till with Sheraton at fisherman's wharf- we stayed for one night between April 30- may1 and could not wait running away any faster, we moved back to our usual favorite in town the mark Hopkins staying for test the week where the old School customer services still value the most...

To sum up our 24 hour experience with Sheraton- we checked in at late pm, had a pleasant checkin experiences with Jim, we were assigned to room 2628, was told it's a preferred guest room, and quietly facing court- yard. The room was okay size, but with a tiny bathroom, barely can move around- tho just done renovation, ceiling was still run-down, we can literally hear most of noises and foot steps from neighbours. But our real nightmare started at after 1am midnight- since we have a minor surgery at USCF centre the next day, we went to bed a bit earlier, but after past mid night- we were woke up by the running water and heavy foot steps from upstairs, then leaking water in the bathroom--- minutes later, we heard loud repair work, with chain-sawing and drilling noises from upstairs at almost 1:30am!!!!! We then have to call downstairs customer services asking what's going on, at first, no response/ answer for ehat's about, quickly few minutes later, same lady call back saying repair work need to be done, and the option for us is to ' move to another room' if we like" -- we requested for manager... And explained our frustration as to a Sheraton 5 rated hotel- this would never have happened!!! Of course, the manager never showed up nor called back, only the same lady, called back- after a few rounds phone calls and complains, the 'work' finally stopped- then we got even calls from repairman at mid of night to wanting look at bathroom leakage.... The end, everything finally gone peace at around 3am -- we woke up again the next morning, but door knock - eventually we put out ' do not disturb ' to rest some- of course, we were late for the hospital but manage to be okay- we checked out the hotel right after wards, to our very surprise- we never even receive a note nor any apology from hotel management about a near nightmare experience!!! One thing for sure, this is our last w Sheraton at fisherman's wharf.

Guest from Hongkong, SPG gold since 2005

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank michellexun
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Michellexun, my sincere apologies you encountered a series of disturbances from the unexpected plumbing leak from the guest room located above your room during your recent stay with us. Our Engineering team was working to stop the leak before it spread and unforunately it created a disturbance for which I do apologize. I certainly would like to discuss your experience in detail at your earliest convenience so that we can make this right with you. Please feel free to contact my office again my apologies. Take care and warm regards,

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel

Reviewed 1 May 2012

The location of this hotel was perfect. I spent 4 nights here for a conference in the hotel. The Ammenities are good but the hotel needs some updating. Ask for a room away from the bus depot. The walls and doors are thin so ask for a room that does not have an adjoining room door. The bathtub is tiny. Walk to Little Italy for Dinner and Rent a bike nearby and bike the GG Brindge.

Room Tip: Find a room on a high floor, away from the bus depot and not part of an adjoining room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JD_pgh
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear JD_pgh, Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and for your recent stay with us. I was pleased you enjoyed the hotel amenities and our proximity to North Beach and the Golden Gate Bridge. I am so sorry you were left with an impression the hotel needed updating as we just recently completed a $33 million renovation a few years ago and everything was replaced or updated at that time. If there was anything specific you felt needed updating, please feel free to contact my office so I can resolve that for you directly. Thanks again for the visit and we look forward to your return stay. Take care and warm regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Had a quick stay in late April. Location great for Fisherman's Wharf, Embarcadero walk, Coit Tower, etc. We were able walk to all those sites in an afternoon.

Hotel is pleasant. Common areas were clean and nice to spend time in. Our room was on the 4th floor looking south and gave a great view of the City. Room was large, nice sitting area and housekeeping was very good.

Didn't eat at the restaurant but the cafe/bar always seemed to have people in it. Plenty of choices for food drink within a few blocks. Parking is expensive ($45+tax/valet or self park), but that seems to be the norm in San Francisco.

I would absolutely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank B-T-2527

Dear B-T-2527, Thank you so much for your recommendation and the 4-star review of your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to see you liked our location and that our housekeeping team exceeded your expectations. We are looking forward to your next visit and I wish you warm regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Loved the remodel at the Fisherman's Wharf Sheraton. While a little on the "modern" side, it was interesting and fresh. The room was large, and the beds were excellent! The location is great if you prefer not to drive in the City, since the location is very near the wharf and in close walking distance to the cable car that takes you to Market Street. Good restaurants abound in the neighborhood. Lovely fire pits outside where one can sit in the evening.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trabelbug2

Deare Trabelbug2, many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel and for the 4-star rating of your experience. I was pleased you liked our large rooms, the outdoor firepits, and found our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed to be excellent. Thanks so much for the visit and return soon. Safe travels and warm regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Background: I had to go to San Francisco for a few meetings and to catch up with old friends. I am a SPG Gold ( will be platinum by August) and always stay at a Westin brand hotel. This must have been a busy week in The City because most of the Hotels were booked solid and/or were priced sky high. I found the Sheraton at Fisherman's Warf a reasonable deal and not oo far from my Office.

The hotel was easy to find. The Hotel is large in scale as it takes up one square block. There is a large drive way to the entrance to the hotel. There arentwo options for parking, self park or valet parking. Both are the same price, about $45 per night. If you don't want to keep on tipping the valet, self park.

Check in was fast and efficient. About two months ago, SPG gave their Gold members another benefit. Your choice of a free drink, extra miles or free Internet. Internet wins hands down, otherwise it will be $14.95 per day. Free Internet in the lobby area. I was given a room on the fourth floor ( top floor as there is only four floors). Upon exiting the elevator, the nautical theme kicked in.light clolors, blues and greens. The rooms are large but seemed plain in nature. There is a small 26" TV in the room with about 40 channels. Shoshone was not working for some reason. The bathroom has the vanity pity's de with the toilet and shower behind a door. The shower room was cramped. There is one window in the room and it slanted inward, I guess keeping with the ship theme. The room was facing the courtyard where the main driveway is and can be noisy at times. It was probably better than facing the MUNI bus yard or street in general as they can be busy. One other thing about this room, it was located almost in the corner so looking out the window, you can see the hallway, with windows, you walked down after exiting the elevator. I mention this because if you look out your window in your room, you can see people walking down the hallway. So, if you can see them, I am sure they can see you. Imwas curious about this so I went out into the hallway and could see my room but the window was a little tinted. Still, I kept the shade down as I felt insecure.

There is a gym on site and is small in nature but does have a good assortment of equipment.

I say this is a good area for tourist because it is in the middle of Fisherman's Warf and Pier 39. A ten minute walk will bring you to all the tourist areas. I was really put off by the homeless people. I counted six along one block. They did not approach me but I still felt uncomfortable looking atntheir state and their signs of help. I know this city spends millions of dollars on programs and these people need to understand that there are programs for them to better themselves. Please, do not give money to these individuals and give to charities that help these people. I do it all the time whether I am in Beijing, New York, Dubai or San Francisco.

Overall, this is an OK hotel but not one I would stay personally in the future. One more thing, a pet peeve, if you will, there are a lot of peole staying in these hotels and we appreciate our privacy. Numerous times, there were people walking down the hallway talking at the top of their voices disturbing me and I am sure others on the floor. Hint to our European friends. This is not your home but a public area. Do what you will at home but at Hotels be considerate of other people. Thank you and hope you enjoyed.

Room Tip: Request a room toward the center of the building as rooms facing out can be noisy toward the street.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank John M
SheratonGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear John_M, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for choosing to stay with us on your latest visit to San Francisco. I do apologize our sister Westin hotels were sold out this week, however my thanks for trying our hotel and for the 4-star ratings for our staff service, cleanliness and location. I am so sorry you were disturbed by homeless when walking in the Fisherman's Wharf area. You are correct that San Francisco is spending millions of dollars to assist these individuals and we are trying to help as well through our affliation with the Fisherman's Wharf Community Benefits District and San Francisco Hotel Council. Thanks for the room tip, as you are correct, our interior courtyard rooms are ideal for light sleepers. Thanks again for the visit and we look forward to your return soon. Take care and warm regards,