“Great Location, Clean Rooms, Friendly Staff”
Review of The Mosser

The Mosser
Ranked #91 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Moncton, Canada
“Great Location, Clean Rooms, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Mosser is a great deal and in a great location to everything. Walking distance to the Subway (Very easy to get to from SFO), busses, trolly & shopping
The room is small, me and my husband stayed there for 5 nights in a shared bathroom, after all of my shopping the room did become a little crammed but I don't pick rooms to spend my days in while i am on vacation. The room was always very clean as was the bathrooms, I never encountered anyone while in the bathroom (separate toilet from shower area) except for one day when I went to go shower, no big deal I just used the shower upstairs. The coffee was good and the muffins as well, its not a continental breakfast but there are tons of great restaurants around why fill your self up at the hotel. We did not eat at annabels as there was quite a line up, we walked around the block to Mel's diner, a sushi place and there is tons of convenience stores. There is no AC but a ceiling fan
There is also a computer in the lobby if you need to print off boarding passes or coupons if you are heading towards napa to the outlets.

The bell boy was great, held our bags for us on check out day while we walked to Avis to pick up the rental car, loaded up the car for us. I would definitely stay at the Mosser again, I might choose to upgrade to a private bathroom if the price was reasonable but I would have no problem staying in a shared room

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DandKtravel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Mosser is a great spot in great location with great staff. They have great green fun products, breakfast etc. It is a no brainer if you want to watch your cost and be in the best location in the City. I stay here a lot...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sfobes
Darwin
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The best thing about the Mosser is the price for the location. Rooms are small and bathrooms and toilets are shared.
The best way to describe it, is as a posh hostel. I did admire their commitment to being a 'green hotel' with enviromentally friendly shampoo and conditioner and a 100 % cotton robe (which is not thick enough to cover nakedness mind you).

I was caught in an earthquake tremor during my stay there. If an earthquake wasn't scary enough, the way the room shook was. I thought the building might collapse, a downside to staying in an old building.
The service at the front counter was okay. There is no restaurant on site, but one next door, which I found to be quiet pricey considering the lack of choices on the menu.

I would recommend to a friend who was on a budget.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank sayamakan86
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Clean, fairly modern, helpful staff! Rooms are fairly small and facilities are shared but given the price I was more than fine with that compromise - maybe I'm not as fussy as some but I wish more cities had an option like The Mosser.

I also left my iPad in the room, thankfully cleaning staff had already found and secured it for me to collect the next day - very honest.

As a diabetic, I'd only ask that their breakfast muffins include a sugar-free option in the future. Not really a complaint, so certainly happy with my stay overall.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Pete C
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The Mosser hotel has everything to cover your basic needs but not much more, so if you expect 5-star experience its not a hotel for you. For those who need just a base for their stay and don't plan spending much time in hotel room - the Mosser is just what you've been looking for!
It has excellent location, good price, the rooms (though tiny), public areas, bathrooms (including shared facilities), etc are nice and clean, and beds are comfortable. The ceiling fan (rooms have no A/C) is sufficient to create nice breeze if the room feels too warm.
I must point out that even after reading the reviews and knowing to expect very small room I was none the less taken by surprize exactly how small the room really was. I mean there was only about half meter spare room on each side of the bed to move around (stayed in queen room with shared facilities). As I was traveling alone and did not plan to spend much time inside hotel it did not diminish my general satisfaction with my stay.
Will definitely stay again in Mosser when in SF.

Room Tip: The walls are quite thin, so try to get room far away from elevator and, if possible, not directly n...