Bed Bugs (+not doing anything about it). STAY AWAY
I don't expect much for ~$60 a night (low season) and I stay at low-cost motels on that stretch on Lombard all the time but there's no way I'm going to stay there again.
Stayed there for three nights.
Started getting itchy on second day. Looked up online and found my marks consistent with bed bugs. The second night, I payed attention and sure enough killed several bed bugs. Thankfully we are in 2012 and I had my cellphone camera handy. I took pictures of the bugs and was able to confirm that they were indeed bed bugs.
When I left, there was nobody at the desk so I just left. I did however sent them a polite email to warn them and to see what they would do about it. I attached pictures of both the bigs (on their identifiable linens) and my marks.
I didn't ask for anything other than to suggest that they have the room inspected by a prest controlled company. I was ignored.
I sent a follow-up email a few days later to ask them whether their intent was just to ignore to issue...and I was ignored again. That was a fair warning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge and on the famous Lombard St - The Presidio Inn offers 24 spacious and comfortable guest rooms, with a wide range of extra amenities such as In-room Microwave/Refrigerator, Iron & Iron Board, Hairdryer, Coffee, and Satellite Cable/HBO. Enjoy free complimentary breakfast, Wi-Fi Internet Access, Free Local Calls & Parking. The Presidio Inn is a member of the San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Presidio Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidio Inn And Suites
- Presidio Hotel San Francisco
- Presidio Motel San Francisco