“Has bed bugs, management doesn't care...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Presidio Inn & Suites

Presidio Inn & Suites
Ranked #211 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Seattle, Washington
“Has bed bugs, management doesn't care...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Bed Bugs (+not doing anything about it). STAY AWAY

I don't expect much for ~$60 a night (low season) and I stay at low-cost motels on that stretch on Lombard all the time but there's no way I'm going to stay there again.

Stayed there for three nights.

Started getting itchy on second day. Looked up online and found my marks consistent with bed bugs. The second night, I payed attention and sure enough killed several bed bugs. Thankfully we are in 2012 and I had my cellphone camera handy. I took pictures of the bugs and was able to confirm that they were indeed bed bugs.

When I left, there was nobody at the desk so I just left. I did however sent them a polite email to warn them and to see what they would do about it. I attached pictures of both the bigs (on their identifiable linens) and my marks.

I didn't ask for anything other than to suggest that they have the room inspected by a prest controlled company. I was ignored.

I sent a follow-up email a few days later to ask them whether their intent was just to ignore to issue...and I was ignored again. That was a fair warning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Matthieu L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

The bottom line is the price. You can't expect the Hilton Hotel Rooms and Suites here. You get want you pay for. Limited free parking, but close to good dining and bars. Public transportation is nearby. Rooms can use improvements, but if you can overlook them and think about how much it would have cost in the other hotels in the downtown or Fisherman's Wharf area, then it's bearable.

Room Tip: ask for room as far from the street
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

My wife, mother-in-law and I stayed at this establishment at the beginning of September 2011. We chose this hotel based on it's price. The saying, "You get what you pay for" fits very well with this hotel. The carpet in the room was very dirty. The beds had low places in them. The beds also had bed bugs. When I spoke to the management about the conditions they offered to take 10% off the price. What a joke. I want all my money back. The people running this hotel have absolutely no business being in the hotel business. They are completely incompetent.

Room Tip: Under no circumstances stay here. If you do stay here, bring your own exterminators equipment.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ClayToday

Travellers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

I am a travel agent. I had 4 clients stay at this hotel - despite the awful reviews - because of the price. They recognize now that this was a huge mistake. Upon checking in at the Presidio they were told they could not stay there because there were flooding problems. They were moved to the Motel Capri (run by the same general manager, Ricky) and all put into one room (they had originally booked two rooms). This wasn't a huge problem until they checked out the next day. Even though they had paid for the two rooms at the Presidio Inn, they were forced to pay an additional charge (equal to the cost of another two rooms). They were not given a receipt. Upon returning home, my clients contacted me and told me about this. I've spoken with the general manager three times about this now. Last time we spoke (about a month ago), I was told he had issued the refund and was sending it to me that day. I never received it and so I called back just today. I was told he had no knowledge of this and said he wouldn't give us a refund because I "didn't have enough details about the issue". I now have to ask my client for her credit card statement so I can fax it to him and PROVE that they were double charged. The general manager Ricky is extremely rude and yelled at me on the phone throughout our entire conversation.

Please don't take your chances with this hotel, as well as the Motel Capri. I would NEVER RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank srogers01
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

What ever you do DO NOT stay in any room on the street side of the building. Hotel owner stuffed us into a room that didn't even have a key card lock. He had to dig thru a bucket to find our key (should have seen the red flag there). Our door didn't even have a door knob! Just a dead bolt. Our bathroom door didn't have a door knob either! Our windows had cheap aluminum blinds, no locks and no screens. Worse part was the windows didn't have black out curtains or any curtains for that matter. There was a bright street light right above our window and we got ZERO sleep due to the noise and the bright light. Terrible beds as well! Would rather sleep in my car than stay another night here!!!!

Room Tip: Don't waste a single penny!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends