All reviews free breakfast hot water place to sleep clean rooms tenderloin comfy bed bart station cable car sf cars garage
Reviewed 22 August 2018

The employees were very nice, however, the elevator kept breaking down. It never would get fixed properly, which was unacceptable! We decided pay a little bit more and go elsewhere! On a positive note, the rooms were nice and the bathrooms newly renovated! I really liked the layout of the rooms which was different than your typical hotel room! If you do stay here, ask to be on the first floor so you can avoid elevator issues!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2018

My friend's credit card was fully charged at time of advance booking. I arrived before my friend and checked in without her. I was told that the night had not been paid, so I provided my credit card and received a receipt for the one night stay ($175. including taxes). Later we found out that my friend's card was charged twice. The charge to my credit card has also gone through. So that means we were charged 3 times for the 1 night stay. I am now in process of trying to get refund. The hotel was poorly staffed. Only one receptionist, no maintenance or housekeeping after 3pm. Receptionist useless. In the morning, we overheard conversation regarding parking policy. We didn't use the parking garage, but be aware that the daily charge is from 3pm (check in time), until 11am (check out time). If you arrive early and want to park your car early, you will be charged a full day for the 3 hours. If you complain, receptionist will state he/she will call Management "and let you know". The hotel very dated (except bathroom), with old carpet and drapes. Good location.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We booked this hotel because it was in the middle of San Francisco, included breakfast and had parking available (valet parking, pay extra). We were not disappointed -- although on reflection I'd have chosen a room at the back rather than one facing onto the noisy street, albeit six floors up.
I have issue with using single-use disposable cutlery and bowels/plates for breakfast, but this seems to be a general Wyndham Hotel Group policy, not the individual hotel. Breakfast was adequate to keep us going all day, and we covered a lot of distance on foot.
The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly, and that bathroom was huge!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018

This was probably the worst hotel I have ever been to. When we first arrived, we were very underwhelmed by the appearance of the lobby. The pictures I had seen online did not match what we saw in person. The lobby was dimly lit, felt dirty and cramped, and should have been our red flag to turn around and not come back. We trudged on and checked into our room. We were given keycards and directed to the elevator. The elevator smelled of cigarette smoke and body odor. We made our way to the 4th floor, and were a little taken aback by the artwork on the walls. The painting just outside the elevator stated

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018

This hotel is a good budget option. It’s clean, central, and the staff are friendly and helpful. The included breakfast is basic but enough to keep you going until lunch and there was always plenty of everything available (cereal, toast, yoghurt, fruit, waffles etc). The hotel is near an area of San Francisco called the Tenderloin which is a bit dodgy but easily avoided once you know where it is. We took a wrong turn on our first day and ended up there which was a bit uncomfortable but after that we knew how to avoid it and had no further issues. We would definitely stay at this Super 8 again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple