All reviewsrooftop baraesop productshotel guestskelly wearstlerpremier kingtenderloin districtpriority accessbluetooth speakerbunk roomve stayed herebusy market streetgreat hotelfront deskboutique hotelthe room service menuhomeless peopleany direction
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I had one of the best nights of my life at this super chic hotel!!! the service from the moment I checked in to the next day was superior.my room was beautiful and the bed was so comfortable. we started our night at the roof top bar- great drinks and wonderful bar food. had dinner at the main restaurant and ate and had wine pairings with everything!!! the chef came out to say hello and we told him how much we loved his beautiful, tasting food. we asked to speak to the hotel manager Ryan came to say hello- he asked if there was anything he could do for us and we told him our stay has been pure magical.I have stayed in many wonderful places around the world and The Proper hotel is right up there.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ellen d
LorenzMa, General Manager at San Francisco Proper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear ellen d,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. So great to hear that you had a fabulous stay at the San Francisco Proper. I will make sure to share your very kind words with Ryan as well as the entire team.

I very much look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Had a wonderful time !! All that we did was fabulous !! Charmaine's roof top bar overlooking the city, dinner and breakfast at Villon. Our room was great !! Service was stellar !! Can't wait to return.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank anle3275
LorenzMa, General Manager at San Francisco Proper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear anle3275,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Fantastic to hear that you were able to enjoy our rooftop bar Charmaine's as well as our restaurant Villon.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

What a great hotel!
Love the decor, comfy beds and amazing service! Very hip, very trendy!
Brandon the doorman was so incredibly helpful in getting us where we needed to go.
Service is their specialty.

Very impressive hotel!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
LorenzMa, General Manager at San Francisco Proper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear heatherw883,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure to share your review with Brandon and the entire team.

I can't wait to welcome you back to San Francisco Proper!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel has a lovely boutique design but don’t stay here if your time is valuable. The smallish rooms are stylish with hardwood floors, although the industrial loft bathroom light is blinding — but maybe that’s the point so you don’t look too closely at yourself in the mirror. Breakfast is also delicious — avocado toast for the hipster crowd. Where this hotel fails is the front desk. Check-out alone took 15 minutes because they didn’t know how to email the bill, and also misread the charges on it. When told of the mistake, the front desk guy bizarrely ran away and left his colleague to cover (who kindly apologized and offered a credit). The same guy also said he couldn’t see my email address on his computer screen — a downside of a dimly lit lobby—and returned to ask his colleague how to email bills which seemed like something he should have been trained on before being trying to check people out. Then they “lost” our package, insisting that no Fed Exes arrived until we showed them tracking information. Also, it takes valet a standard 30 minutes to get your car. If your time is valuable or you have a flight to catch, this is not the place for you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
LorenzMa, General Manager at San Francisco Proper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Webquackers,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I'm disappointed to hear that your experience at the Front Desk was not up to par. Providing excellent service is our top priority and we clearly failed to do so. Rest assured that we will make sure that your experience will not be duplicated. Please reach out to me personally at the email below as I would like to follow up with you.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back to San Francisco Proper in the near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Beautifully designed new hotel still working out the kinks. Check in was a little shaky as we had requested connecting rooms and were travelling together there were also a few other missed opportunities but the staff did an amazing job turning our weekend around!

Room Tip: The junior suites are extremely comfortable while the doubles can be a tad squishy
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LorenzMa, General Manager at San Francisco Proper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear arowetravels,

Thank for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I truly appreciate your feedback and I'm delighted to hear that the staff was able to turn your experience around.

I'm looking forward to welcome you back very soon.