All reviews rooftop bar aesop products hotel guests kelly wearstler priority access premier king tenderloin district bluetooth speaker bunk room ve stayed here busy market street great hotel the room service menu boutique hotel front desk jet lagged cool vibe
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Definitely a needed change of pace in San Francisco! I travel frequently to SF for business and the options are limited and in serious need of renovation. The Proper Hotel is a brand new property in the newly renovated flatiron building in SF, and has nice modern/hipster vibe rooms. The rooms that I've stayed in are small but tasteful, and the staff is tremendous. John at the front desk was particularly helpful, kindly offering to show me around the property and remembering my name. His attitude and friendliness was definitely a highlight. Two things of note: the gym in the basement is actually very adequate and has brand new equipment, and the rooftop bar is fantastic - open air and one of the best that I've been in in San Francisco.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
LorenzMa, General Manager at San Francisco Proper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Matt S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. Fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll make sure to share your nice comments with Jon and the entire team.

I'm looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I couldn't have had a better experience than I had during my recent four night stay. The design is impeccable, service is top notch, and culinary venues leave nothing to be desired. Even often overlooked details like the staff uniforms and mini-bars are amazing. The mattress is also phenomenal/so comfortable. I was there 50/50 for business and leisure - during the hours I was working, I really enjoyed bringing my laptop to the lobby and sitting around others doing the same. Despite its location in a somewhat gritty area, it doesn't feel unsafe, and it is really central to many other neighborhoods. I can't wait to go back soon.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank lexismm
LorenzMa, General Manager at San Francisco Proper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear lexismm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. Great to hear you enjoyed the hotel, our custom made uniforms as well as the well stocked mini bars.

I look forward to welcome you back to the San Francisco Proper in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Brillaint hotel, welcoming staff. We stayed for 3 nights and just so happened to be checking in the nigt of the grand opening.
Rooms are nicely decorated. Best part of the hotel has to be the bed. Would kill to know where they came from!!

This was our first trip to San Francisco and we enjoyed every minute of it.

Hope to be back.

Dear MJP-Young89,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadivsor! Great to hear that you were able to join us for the grand opening celebration. I'm very much looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Staying at this hotel made for a memorable anniversary. From the moment we arrived we felt extremely welcomed. Started out with dinner and drinks at its restaurant Villon where it’s tremendously knowledgable staff gave us insight to their delicious food and extensive libations (try the ver sales or Grand Prix!). We almost ordered everything on the menu, but will definitely have to go back for the others.

Next we went to the rooftop bar Charmaine’s. Here we took the elevator up into what seemed like a speakeasy but with wonderful views of a great city. With firepits lining up the patio and cozy couches all along the inside, Charmaine’s emitted a unique vibe and feel to it and could end up being a favorite of ours

The rooms are wonderfully designed as well. The junior suite we stayed in had everything we could possibly need including a bed better than my own.

All in all this hotel knows what it is doing. It’s not often when you can stay at hotel and not even have to leave to get a feel of San Francisco. I highly recommend this hotel to all. Thank you San Francisco Proper for an amazing experience!!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LorenzMa, General Manager at San Francisco Proper Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear solygrace22,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great and extensive review about your stay at San Francisco Proper. Great to hear you had a chance to experience our restaurant and bar Villon asl well as our rooftop bar Charmaine's.

I'm looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Rooms are luxurious with high end design and amenities. Villon restaurant served up a truly memorable meal with outstanding service. The rooftop bar has spectacular views up and down Market street and fun cocktails, fire pits, and the cozy seating ended a truly enchanting evening.

Dear chrispoulin1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review San Francisco Proper on Tripadvisor. Fantastic to hear that you had a great time in our restaurant Villon and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'm looking forward to welcome you back very soon!