“Best Croissants I've ever Tasted!”
Review of Arsicault Bakery

Arsicault Bakery
Ranked #17 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Relatives in San Francisco recommended Arsicault Bakery to us, but told us to arrive early, and even then we would wait in line. We arrived at 7:45am, 15 minutes before they opened, and there were already 20-30 people online! My first inclination was to just walk away, but we stuck it out, and boy, was it worth it! The croissants were unquestionably the best I've ever tasted, and I consider myself as having gone around the bakery block a few times in my 62 years. The butter croissants were so flaky, but melted in my mouth so fast. Likewise, the chocolate croissants had just the right amount of chocolate so as not to overpower the pastry, but still retain a delightful chocolate taste. Perhaps the chocolate almond croissants were best of all. Finally, their Morning Bun was another major home run. All of the pastries were so delicate but with incredible taste profiles. I would wait in line here any time!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Incredible pastries, especially the croissants. I had the ham and cheese croissant and my husband had the almond croissant and the Kouign Amann. We loved it all.

There is always a line, but it moves quickly thanks to the efficient (and very kind!) staff.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Hubby waited in line for these croissants. They're good but as others have mentioned, is a bit over-hyped because of the review as best bakery in America. I think honestly, the best croissant I've every tasted was in Paris. It's all up to the individual's taste buds. I certainly wouldn't wait over an hour in line for the croissant but if I was in the neighborhood and the line wasn't too long, I'd wait to try it again. It's rather funny that Hubby waited in line for their croissants and when I asked him to wait in line at Mr. Holme's Bakery, he said he wouldn't get up early to do that. Go figure.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Everything you've read is true as they have quite possibly the best in the city. The service is quick and friendly but not much by the way of seating. Just grab your goodies and off you go. Recommend the plain and almond croissants!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Since their review as greatest bakery in America they have seen improvement in their lines, I like that the serves speak English and French. However a croissant that costs $5 is a special treat for me. Also I feel that the regular is better than the chocolate almond, I prefer flakiness rather than sweet goop in the center.