“California Croissants”

Mr. Holmes Bakehouse
Ranked #2 of 115 Bakeries in San Francisco
Reviewed 2 August 2015

I woke up at 6am to drive up to the city after a night out to get some cruffins with my friend. We ended up getting to the bakery around 7:30 am and there was already a line. There are two lines: one of the regular pastries and a separate one just for the cruffins. If you want to get both, I would suggest have one person stand on each line because the line for cruffins does not allow you to buy from the regular pastries also. One of the workers informed us that around our area of the line is when we might not be guaranteed cruffins. There is a limit of two cruffins for each person. We decided to just take the chance and stand in the line anyway. Good thing that we did because my friend and I got the very last one. One was perfect for us to share because I don't think we could have finished an entire cruffin each. We also got cookies, chocolate croissants, and the california croissants. The california croissant was actually my favorite thing that I got from the bakery. It was so good! Next time I visit Mr. Holmes Bakehouse, I would probably just skip the line for the cruffins and get chocolate croissants and the california croissants. However, if you've never had a cruffin, then definitely get there early to stand in both lines.

1  Thank piarod
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

If it weren't for the cruffins, this place would be just another SF bakery. Group of us went, stood in line at 8:00am fir 9:00am cruffins, they were delightful, but I won't wait an hour again. The other baked goods we had (donut, cookie, pasrty item and scone were no better/worse then other boutique bakeries). Definitely worth a try for the cruffins alone, but I'm not feeling the hype. All wait-staff were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

I went on Sunday and they were a little late in selling the cruffins but that's ok. All I bought was cruffins. I was traveling solo, so I only bought 2. There are 2 lines, one for everything else and the bakery is opened earlier and the cruffins are sold at 9. The cruffin line leads up to a tray with cruffins and that's all they sell. Originally I wondered how others had cruffins and regular stuff in their box but they just added it to their box. It is currently $4.50/cruffin. I had peanut butter ginger honey and I thought it was delicious!

I would lineup again if I was in San Fran.

1  Thank Choco_robba
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I have read about their delicious cruffins, and how fast they wiil be over and It was absolutely true, they come out at 9 am the first day we arrived at 11 and they were all gone, next morning we arrived at 8 and there were already people standing on a line, the wait was totally worth it, if you are a pastry lover don´t miss them!

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

Run. Walk. Crawl. Bike. Bus. Uber. Trolley. Taxi. Hike. Skateboard. Rollerblade--however you can and whatever your method-just go. Well worth it!