“Excellent food and atmosphere”

The Bistro at Cliff House
Ranked #212 of 6,031 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 5 September 2016

We ate here for our honeymoon. The view is fantastick, the service was great and the food was excellent. I had the steamed clams and they were so very tasty. The ocean beach cocktail was delish. Quite pricey but for that view and good food it is worth it.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

My partner and I planned a a dinner at the cliff house while we visited San Francisco. This is one memory that I will never forget. The wine, dinner, atmosphere, and my loved one made this dinner my favorite, movie cliche, moment of our trip. The smoked salmon appetizer was simply delicious.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

While visiting the Sutro Bath area of Golden Gate Park and decided to walk down to the Cliff House that marks the location of the old Sutros facility and the end of Ocean Beach. Fabulous views of the ocean where it meets San Francisco Bay. Watched seals, pelicans, boats, ships, bathers and surfers while enjoying drinks and appetizers.

Food was average, drink selection and cost were reasonable for the location. Six drinks (wine and beer) and two appetizers cost about $60 bucks but the service was quick and friendly and views simply amazing.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Because parking is at such a premium, we opted to arrive early for our dinner at the main restaurant and have a cocktail. Bartenders were quite affable and fun. Different menu than the main restaurant but since we saw so many folks eating we tried an appetizer (potstickers) which was quite good. Great views, food and people

Reviewed 23 August 2016

By far, this was my favorite meal and day in San Francisco. We ate there for lunch and had a short wait for a table by a window. We spent our time enjoying the views from their decks. It was an overcast chilly day but the views were still stunning. The popovers were amazing and the food delicious. I had an egg dish with veggies and potatoes(can't remember the name) and my son had a cheeseburger and fries. We were trying to order the cheaper meals. The reviews were mixed so we were not sure we wanted to eat here but so glad we did. It was wonderful! It probably helped that I truly love beaches and that this was a extremely beautiful area with the rocks, etc...just wish it had been a better day weather wise. The Uber driver said it is often overcast there. I highly recommend this place!