“two very annoying details, for what they are worth...”

InterContinental San Francisco
Ranked #36 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The hotel is very nice and classy and the staff is courteous but I left annoyed. This is why: I had a problem getting a shuttle (because it was before concierge was on duty). The staff's attitude was to tell me to wait for the concierge -- I could not. I tried to hire a shuttle myself but they were sold out. In desperation I actually called a neighboring hotel to ask about using their shuttle. They helped me hire a shuttle. I just felt like the staff at the intercontinental could not be bothered to help me because that was the concierge's job. I did not want to plead with them either...who would want to be put in that position?

The second complaint will make sound like an old fogey. The oatmeal they served me was dreadful. Surely enough people who eat oatmeal stay here? My recommendation is for them to get instant oatmeal because what they are doing now is overpriced warm water with half cooked oats in it.

For these two reasons I would probably try my luck elsewhere next time. Things dont have to be perfect. But effort and attitude are telling details that can make a difference, especially when you are freaking about getting to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank cbc1969
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear cbc1969,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the InterContinental San Francisco. I am delighted that you found our hotel very nice and classy. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. However, please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you had with the transportation and food during your stay. I hope we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for InterContinental San Francisco

Reviewed 1 June 2012

A great hotel if you are on a business account. Service is terrific and staff are very friendly and helpful. All class.

However, until this hotel changes its ridiculously out-dated policy of charging for internet, I wont be returning.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank RenfieldP
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear RenfieldPonsford,

Thank you for your stay and leaving us feedback. I am pleased you liked your room accommodations as well as our friendly staff service. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the internet service charges. We appreciate your feedback as this will help us improve what we offer. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 May 2012

nice hotel but not 4.5 stars...The location is a bit off-the-beaten path of Union Square, but very close to Nordstroms and Market Street. The staff was nice and friendly. We did not eat in the restaurant. The room was small, well-appointed and had a good view and nice modern art. The pool-spa area was disappointing to me...very small, indoor, no steam room and not very inviting. The work out room was adequate and larger than many so I give that a thumbs up. Overall the experience was nice, but I still don't think it garners a 4.5 rating...4.0 would be more appropriate.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend, and thought it was just perfect. We arrived very early on Saturday morning, and the gentleman at the front desk was so nice about letting us into our room early. This may not be standard practice, but you sure remember the hotels when they allow it. We were very tired from traveling, and really appreciated being able to drop off our bags and clean up before heading out to see the sights. The hotel is very nice, our room on the 29th floor had an amazing view of city. Dorjan, the bellboy, was super friendly and helpful as well. We came looking to get a great night's sleep, and certainly found it here since the beds are very comfortable. The only drawback for this place is the location, since it is kind of a walk to Fisherman's Wharf. We didn't mind at all, it was worth it, but if you are not one for walking, then this is probably not your place. It is very close to the Powell St. BART exit though, so that made it easy to get to from SFO. Overall, we really appreciated the great service and excellent night's sleep.

Room Tip: Let them know you're okay with a shower instead of a bathtub, the room is beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Beautiful hotel with the warmest team of hospitality professionals, especially Guest Relations and the Club Lounge team. They all make you feel so at home, it really is hard to leave! Thank you ICSF for yet another relaxing stay! I recommend this hotel to everyone for everyone reason! Flawless, chic, and very personal!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo