The hotel is very nice and classy and the staff is courteous but I left annoyed. This is why: I had a problem getting a shuttle (because it was before concierge was on duty). The staff's attitude was to tell me to wait for the concierge -- I could not. I tried to hire a shuttle myself but they were sold out. In desperation I actually called a neighboring hotel to ask about using their shuttle. They helped me hire a shuttle. I just felt like the staff at the intercontinental could not be bothered to help me because that was the concierge's job. I did not want to plead with them either...who would want to be put in that position?
The second complaint will make sound like an old fogey. The oatmeal they served me was dreadful. Surely enough people who eat oatmeal stay here? My recommendation is for them to get instant oatmeal because what they are doing now is overpriced warm water with half cooked oats in it.
For these two reasons I would probably try my luck elsewhere next time. Things dont have to be perfect. But effort and attitude are telling details that can make a difference, especially when you are freaking about getting to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental San Francisco is the Bay Area s newest upscale hotel destination. The 32-story glass tower sparkles high above the city, standing sentry over the South of Market (SoMa) area. The smoke-free hotel is convenient to everything, including the Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Chinatown and the Powell Street Cable Car Turnaround. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental