“Wonderful stay!”

InterContinental San Francisco
Ranked #36 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 March 2012

My wife and I came here for the weekend for a working vacation. This is a very nice property with friendly and attentive staff. It's quiet and close to everything. Nice large rooms and great club level facilities.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for InterContinental San Francisco

Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our 19 month old daughter during my husband's recent week long conference at the Muscone Center. The hotel staff was so friendly and accommodating to our families needs. Beautiful rooms. Lovely pool and spa. Great location for shopping on Market street and taking the trolley to Fisherman's Wharf. We even walked to AT&T stadium for a tour. Great hotel for both business and pleasure travel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2012

With a location a block from the Moscone Center and a couple of blocks from Union Square, this hotel is ideally located for visiting during a convention or large meeting. The rooms are great and totally functional, the gym is top notch and the service is great. This is my go to place in San Francisco.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the end wrap around rooms. If you can get one the views are out of this world
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank expeditiondaddy
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Good hotel in good location. Worth a visit. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I just returned from a weekend at this hotel. The hotel itself is nice in a big convention hotel sort of way. But the communication and remedy of bad situations is not good. We checked in and decided to pay for a club room. The room was small and had only a little window instead of the floor to ceiling windows advertised. We changed rooms to a regular corner room which was spectacular. But there were boxes left from the prior guest on the desk, minibar bottles missing and at 11 PM we discovered that the blackout curtains were not functioning. (not good for an east facing window!). I let management know and the boxes were removed and the curtain fixed at midnight. We barely slept that first night because the mattress felt very lumpy. The next morning I requested that the mattress be changed. They don't have any spare mattresses on this enormous property! So they removed the feather-bed and it was much better. Still, I'd expect excellent rather than mediocre mattresses at an intercontinental. The wifi didn't work, and I called to let the front desk know. There was nothing they could do.

When we checked out, we were billed for the minibar and the wifi. There were no notes about our complaints and management did nothing to make it right. I had been talking to my boyfriend earlier, assuming that the hotel would do something (buy us breakfast, apologize, or something) to make things right. He asked whether I was just trying to get something for free. I thought about it and explained that no, what I wanted was the opportunity to leave the hotel thinking good things about it instead of negative ones. When things go wrong, a hotel can make it right with small compensations that don't cost them much if anything. But this hotel did not. Not even having a record of the problems and having to bring up the minibar and internet situation at checkout was disappointing. So overall, I have to give it a poor rating for customer service and internal communication. Too bad they didn't make it right... Perhaps the hotel is too large to truly be good, let alone excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank swankyhotels
jengchi, Hotel Representative at InterContinental San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.

We were under the impression we had resolved this issue to your satisfaction at the time it was brought to our attention. I am sorry if this is not the case. I have left you a message, and look forward to discussing the matter in more detail.

You can also contact our Director of Front Office, Bryan Del Toro at bryan.deltoro@ihg.com, if you would like to provide any additional details.