InterContinental San Francisco
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
US$ 313
US$ 232
US$ 256
US$ 237
  • Restaurant
da Vinci Villa(San Francisco)
US$ 232
US$ 159
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt San Francisco(San Francisco)
US$ 290
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 228
US$ 178
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$ 240
US$ 215
  • Pool
Taj Campton Place(San Francisco)
US$ 442
US$ 324
Agoda.com
3,132 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsmoscone centerhoward streetluce restaurantthe club loungeunion squarecorner roomsouth of marketmodern hotelmark hopkinsmini barconcierge staffhigh floorattending a conferencejunior suitean upgradefew blocks
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is a very nice property, with spacious hotel rooms and bathrooms you will never wish to leave. The decor is contemporary, which I like very much. This hotel has all the amenities one could think of: Gym (middle-of-the-road equipment), room service (on time and good) and concierge (great service). I had breakfast at their restaurant, Luce, and enjoyed one of the best egg-white omelets I've ever eaten. I had a drink at their bar...the bartender definitely knew how to make a dirty martini. The location was slightly outside of the main corridor - south of Market Street. Having said that, the hotel was still very much within walking distance of everything. I walked to North Beach and to the Ferry building - took me about 25 minutes and 20 minutes, respectively. If you're not a city dweller, the sirens could disrupt your sleep. Otherwise, I could not hear my upstairs, downstairs or next door neighbors. lastly, service was excellent with a very helpful concierge desk to a wonderful houskeeping team. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: This is not an inexpensive property...so be prepared to drop some bucks. Also, ask for a room on the top floors - the views are unbelievable.
1  Thank CMG1984
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Had the opportunity to stay on the top floor Club room with very nice view over the sea. Upon check-in I was promised to have a free internet during my 7-day stay but when checking out the story was a bit different. Finally hotel decided to give the internet for free as promised. Otherwise there were no problems with anything. Service was good and attentive. Room was kept clean spotlessly and staff was serving with a smile. Since staying that long time I also got a cheese platter and wine on the 4th night from the hotel management and that was nice.

Had my breakfasts usually at the club lounge which offers smaller variety of foods than the restaurant but of the same quality. Club lounge also had free wifi, beverages during the stay and staff was there to help you with dinner reservations or any other matter you might had.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was my second (and won't be the last) time staying at the Intercontinental during the SFIGF. It's really close to the Moscone Center and there are a lot of great shopping/dinning places withing a couple of blocks.

Hotel is clean. Upon check in (Room 2523) housekeeping even phoned to check if I needed anything, if the room was to my satisfaction. They replenished the toiletries the first night, just in case. Lovely spacious room. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean. Convenient.

Restaurant has a delicious buffet breakfast as well.

What more could you ask for?

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I spent the long weekend presenting workshops at the San Francisco Writer's Conference which took place at the Mark Hopkins on Nob Hill. At the last minute, my husband and I decided to spend the night downtown instead of going back and forth to our home in Monterey Heights. We were matched to the Intercontinental by Hotwire. It was fantastic! The room was luxurious, well designed, beautifully appointed. The bathroom was spotless and had fabulous, organic amenities. The best thing of all is that the whole hotel is LEED gold certified - which means that they use only green cleaning products - so the place is good if you have any sort of chemical sensitivity. Room service arrived in the morning with HOT coffee - the whole stay - perfect!

Room Tip: I am not sure, but I think all rooms have a beautiful view of the bay and downtown.
1  Thank joan g
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a nice stay at the InterContinental on two different occasions this month. I'm surprised to read that others were disappointed with the service, because that was clearly the best part of our stay. Staff was very accommodating, giving us an upgrade on our room and the view we requested. We rented a car through the hotel and the concierge staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, but clearly for us great service made our stay a pleasant one. The fitness center is great, particularly the lap pool and the jacuzzi. The restaurant is very good, with friendly service. It's a good hotel for business travelers who want no fuss, comfortable accomodations, in particular those attending conferences at the Moscone Center next door.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family