Ways to Experience Local Tastes of the City Tours
from $73.60
from $73.60
from $73.90
1,740 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My father and I went on the North Beach tour and had a great time! I'm a Bay Area resident and have had poor experiences at North Beach places but Tom took us to great spots where sampled freshly-baked bread, perfect pasta, cannoli, and many other treats. He grew up in the neighborhood and it seemed like everybody knew him, which was awesome. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: March 2013
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Great city and great tour....couldnt be happier ! I loved the espresso and all of the other foods. Blondina's stories and anecdotes really made the tour. Her stories about the neighborhood were so much fun. It was like visiting the neighborhood with an old friend. We skipped breakfast and we still couldn't eat of the food on the tour. Added to seeing how everthing was made... it was a great experience.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and I have been to San Francisco many times. We were stopping for a few days on our way to Hawaii and wanted to do something different. We took the Local Tastes of the City Tour and had a very enjoyable morning. Blondina, our tour guide, obviously loves the North Beach neighborhood and really gave us a feel for the closeness and activities there. She had so many interesting stories about the area and was ready to answer any questions.
If we return to San Francisco, we'll sign up for one of their other tours.

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Very friendly tour guide ,great that there were only 4 of us on the tour . Really enjoyed the hospitality of each of the venues as it all felt like a community . The food was excellent with a range of tastes interspersed with informative discussion of local history ,politics ,culture and geography as well as food origins and production . It was a pleasant walk around the streets and neighbourhood and three hours went by in a flash . The teenagers tuned in and out but enjoyed the time too - hardly even looked at their cellphones the whole time - which is saying something .
Highly recommended and would do it all again .

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I've done the North Beach tour twice now, once with Blondina and once with Tom, but each time felt new because I was seeing the area through the eyes of a different guide. My first time was with my niece and her friend, both 30ish, and we had a very small, intimate group, so it was like exploring some really interesting food places with good friends. We went "behind the scenes" at a brick oven bakery, a coffee roasting cafe, and a chocolate candy maker. Every stop had delicious specialties for us to sample. I enjoyed the tour so much that I wanted to bring my husband and teenaged children to do it, and I can tell you from experience that it's not always easy to find activities that both teenagers will enjoy as much as the parents do, but this did the trick. They even enjoyed the sightseeing and local culture, as it was interspersed with eating. Highly recommend this tour for ages 12-112!