“Awesome food, worth a wait”
Review of Ramen Yamadaya

Ramen Yamadaya
Ranked #698 of 6,271 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Japantown
Neighbourhood: Japantown
Reviewed 19 August 2017

After a long days travelling we needed to feed two grumpy kids fast and this was perfect. Both the 6&9 year old loved the bento box and we loved the ramen. Great prices too!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We are from Hawaii and have our share of good ramen. This qualifies as good. All the ramen is good. The Geso (deep fried octopus) is a steal at $7. Add a side of gyoza and salad for only $5. My daughter added a salad and salmon and ikura only for $5 more. Huge portions. There will be a line so go before 5 pm.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This place is a real find among all that Japantown has to offer. Often a short wait for a table but well worth it. The ramen options are many and additional toppings are available. The also feature other foods like rice bowls and various appetizers. Something for everyone.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped by this Ramen place for dinner. The only Ramen I had tried was from packets that were dried-top Ramen by Nissin.
This was the first time I tried "real Ramen".
Let me just say, my taste buds did not really take it well.
The dish looked very delicious but I guess you will have to acquire the taste... it may take a second attempt.
The staff were extremely friendly and the restaurant is very nice, spacious and clean.
It was worth trying.... I say when in Japan you have to be like a Japanese....:)
I will give them a 4 star purely because I didn't quite like the flavor....otherwise I would have given them a 5 star.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Yes, you can grab a beer/drink while you wait and I would recommend doing so. We went on a Monday at around 12:30pm and probably waited 30 - 40 minutes. The ramen did not disappoint. The broth was rich and complex and the noodles has the perfect texture. Overall, I would say the service is good and the ramen is great.