“Wonderful haven in my favourite American city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Parsonage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 71 San Francisco B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Wonderful haven in my favourite American city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited and staying at the Parsonage was a perfect base for exploring it. The building is a genuine San Francisco Victorian parsonage and you really feel like you're really experiencing everything that San Francisco is about when you're staying there. The furnishings are gorgeous and the breakfasts delicious. The bed was comfortable and the ensuite, while small, was very clean and attractive. I would recommend this B&B to anyone and would go back and stay there in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrisFood
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

This bed and breakfast defines hospitality. My wife and I were running a half marathon in Golden Gate park, and the morning of our race our hosts fed us delicious breakfast, way earlier than the scheduled breakfast. Our room was fantastic, very clean, spacious and quite. The location is unbeatable. You're walking distance to some of the best restaurants and cafes that San Francisco has to offer. And the portuguese water dog, Pilar, was one of the coolest dogs we've ever met! Breakfast was delicious everyday! The bread for toast comes from Tartine bakery, which is a quick away! I would whole heatedly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marius P
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

The Parsonage is a beautifully decorated and restored Victorian in Hayes Valley, but that isn't why you'll love it. It's the absolutely scrumptious breakfasts, the fire burning in the parlor hearth when you come downstairs, the marvelous bed, and the warmth and friendliness of the people. It's very quiet, comfortable, and unpretentious. I stayed for six days and thoroughly enjoyed very minute of the stay. The B&B recommends the limo service if you're coming from the airport, and it's about $40 and very nice. I never met the innkeepers but the people who were running things in their absence were extremely nice, helpful and accommodating. Every morning I was up very early to catch tours around the area, but coffee and delicious food was always ready, and I felt at ease puttering around the kitchen. The only thing that I didn't like was that I never received a written confirmation for my reservation. I just wanted to have something in hand before flying across the country, but it wasn't a problem. The only other thing I would mention is that if you're visiting SF for the first time or if you want to be close to major tourist attractions, this may not be the best choice as it's a bit of a bus ride - about 30 minutes - to Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge, the Ferry Building, etc. But if you're comfortable using public transportation and don't mind the travel time, it won't be a problem. There are two bus stops right by the front door, and you can catch the subway a few blocks away. This is a really special place, and I would recommend it for either solo travelers or for couples.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank threecedars
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

We had a wonderful time. The limo service from the airport was great. The staff at The Parsonage was extremely helpful. Breakfast was excellent every day. We really like the location right at 2 MTA bus stops & walking distance from the "Painted Ladies" neighborhood. Our room was comfortable & clean. All in all an excellent four days in the Bay area. The transit pass is definitely a good deal - We plan to do it again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaptBobLB
Gray, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

It was my wife's first trip to San Francisco and I was a little bit nervous because I wanted everything perfect. Boy did I hit a home run with The Parsonage. We have travelled all over the world for my helicopter and wine businesses and I can honestly say, we have never stayed at a nicer B&B nor have we ever had such fabulous hosts. John and Joan are now like family to us. They made sure we were always comfortable both in their home and in the city.....bravo Parsonage....bravo!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor in a beautiful room with a fireplace. I would highly recommend this room...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple